Smallest waist size in men's jeans?

*JoGo*

DIS Veteran
My almost 12 year old son is very thin. He needs a size 16 for length, but even 16 slims (which are rare) are so big we have to get the adjustable waist ones (nearly elusive) so that they are very bunched up and the end result is it looks like he is wearing a diaper or something. It's turning into a daily drama and driving me mad.

He is 5'3" and about 90 lbs... Soaking wet, holding a sack of flour.

Yesterday the smallest waist I found was 26inches and he couldn't even walk in them, they fell right off.

Where do you shop for a very thin tween?

My brother is 5'10 and a little over 100 lbs. He finds pants at H&M. I think he said American Apparel was also ok.

I don't know anyone who has tried it, but Forever 21 has a mens line in some stores. The quality isn't the best, but the prices make up for it. They have very trendy cuts geared towards teens so it might be worth a try.

My almost 12 year old son is very thin. He needs a size 16 for length, but even 16 slims (which are rare) are so big we have to get the adjustable waist ones (nearly elusive) so that they are very bunched up and the end result is it looks like he is wearing a diaper or something. It's turning into a daily drama and driving me mad.

He is 5'3" and about 90 lbs... Soaking wet, holding a sack of flour.

Yesterday the smallest waist I found was 26inches and he couldn't even walk in them, they fell right off.

Where do you shop for a very thin tween?

I wish I knew, also. Mine isn't a tween (or even a teen) anymore, but he has had the same problem since he was. He's now 23, 5'8" and weighs 103 pounds (with his clothes, shoes, jacket, and keys in pocket). We usually try to find (when possible) size 16 slim pants in the kids department at Penneys. We do have the problem that the pants are fitting OK around his body, but the length is getting a bit short.

:cutie:

28" is about the smallest "standard" men's size you'll find.

Your best bet is to locate a style that fits and buy several pairs online if you can.

I'm the mom of another tall and skinny kid, went through YEARS of having trouble find pants for him! We had the best luck with some Levi's and Arizona Jeans slim styles, once I found a pair that fit I'd stock up!

Arizona and Levi's slims pants are great. For many years the only pants that my son would wear were from Landsend. They were both slim fit and had an elastic waist with an adjustable belt built in.

Jess

My kiddo wears a 28 waist & a 34 inseam. I recommend eBay. The kid wears Diesel, Seven & Lucky brand jeans that I paid next to nothing for. One brand I had trouble with was Monarchy. He said they were too tight in the hips. I'm going to resell them to Platos Closet.
Also, Hot Topic has small waist sizes. They're also all skinny jeans so if he doesn't want those he's SOL but I want to say they go down to 24.

My DS15 is 100 lbs and 5'7" so I'm right there with you. He can just barely length wise fit into size 18 slims from JCPenneys, so I'd give them a try. Their Arizona brand for kids comes in slims and has adjustable waists. The skinny jeans are especially good because their legs are very wide like so many other jeans, which make him look out of proportion.

As far as waist sizes, I haven't found anything lower than a 28, though mostly it's 29's. Good luck with that. You'll really be better off in the kids section for now!

I hear you!

DS12 is almost 5'9" and very thin. I have gotten lucky at JCPenney and found some size 18 jeans for him that fit pretty well. I can't buy him any smaller ones or they are too short. The smallest men's jeans I have found are 28's and they are pretty rare. We've also had better luck with "skinny" jeans, but they are not really ds's style.

We have had good luck with Levi and Arizona jeans 16 slim. The Arizona's have an adjustable waist and are definitely quite a bit longer than Levi's 16 slim, so those are probably a better choice. Another mom has mentioned Old Navy for slim jeans, but we have not tried there.

I wanted to mention that if you have a Shopko near you, you could try their bailey's point brand. The 16 slims and 16 regulars were both too small in the waist for my DS13, so they definitely run small in the waist. Those were the loose fit style - DS hates skinny jeans. Here is link if you wanted to buy online:

http://www.shopko.com/detail/baileys-point-boys-loose-fit-jeans/3242/1020

Good luck!

What about getting a sewing machine & sewing in the outer side seams? I used to do that when pants were too large. It works great.

Land's End used to have a "custom order" pant. Not sure if they still do or how small they go but it might be worth looking.

My friend who as very thin, tall boys buys their jeans from Abercrombie and Gap where they carry extra-long sizes online. You could also check at the Buckle. They carry top-name expensive brands, but he'll get a good-fitting Jean and they do free alterations.

I forgot...Aero did carry 27x30. They usually run great sales. Unfortunately, by the time my son could hold up a 27, his inseam was 31. :rolleyes:

Jess

Just listning to old epposodes of WDW Radio and apparantly the person playing tinkerbelle cant be over 90lbs if hes looking for a job

Just listning to old epposodes of WDW Radio and apparantly the person playing tinkerbelle cant be over 90lbs if hes looking for a job

Although he's too tall. Tink is only about 4'10". Not to mention, weighed nightly before the flight. Too thin, and she won't fly down, too heavy and it'll sag the line.

I only saw Tink twice when I worked there. Although it's one of the highest paid performer's job in Disney.

I just checked Gap Kids and they carry 16 and 18 slims. I think that's what my friend buys her boys (one wears a 16 and one wears an 18). Her boys are super skinny and tall. Look under the "special sizes" link at gapkids.com

The measurment for a size 16 slim is for someone 62"-65" tall and 26" waist.
The measurement for a size 18 slim is for someone 65"-67" height a
27" waist

When my son was younger, I had the same problem. When in boys' sizes, I had the best luck at Penneys (as many others have said). When he was in high school, I had some luck at Aeropostale -- but they had only had a few styles in the smaller sizes --28" was the smallest I remember getting. A few times, I found jeans which actually seemed to fit the best at American Eagle, but they were much more expensive.

I generally wouldn't even try to wait for sales. If I saw something that I thought would fit, I'd buy it right away, worried that they wouldn't have it when a sale came along.

I'm right there with you...just turned 10 year old that is 5'1" and 71 pounds.:rolleyes: Damn kid eats me out of house and home and people on the street wonder if I'm starving him.

Anyway, I have to buy Levis slim fit with adjustable waist in 16 slim. Then cinch the waist up as tight as I can. It looks like he's carrying a load around in his pants where the extra material gathers. I just haven't figured out anything else yet. I did visit Aeropostle last month, and the
smallest they have is a 26x30, but it's so large in the waist it falls right back down. Maybe we'll try belting everything next and see if it looks a bit better than the adjustable waist.

Good question! I need to finish reading through this thread. My DS - the 14 year old, is the same way and now needs 18 for length. I have literally found 18 slims with adjustable waists at Meijer but that is the ONLY place. I snagged them and even with the adjustable waist they are practically falling off of him. I think they were called FlyPaper jeans...but as others said, if we find a pair of jeans that fit, we don't even care about the price at that point -- you just buy several because it could be a long time before we find ones that fit properly again.

He basically is just going to have to start wearing a belt, which he says he's OK with but I have yet to find him a belt (we had one previously because we ran into this issue) -- it will still get bunched up though.

I am tempted to find a place you can give measurements to and they will custom make you a pair of jeans.

I measured him and he's 24 waist and 28 inseam. I've decided I'm going to contact a seamstress I know and see how much it will be to alter them. I won't have them altered to 24, will give him a little room to expand but he's growing more in length than girth. He's currently in Arizona 16 slims. They just do not fit in the waist.

My other son wears husky. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter