Smallest add on direct

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
Can someone please tell me what the smallest add on for members is for direct?
I just bought my first resale at SSR and would like to buy 100 direct to get the blue card. I am going to have to save up because I want to pay cash.
I’ve seen in the past it was 25 but Riviera and Copper Creek are 50.
Does this mean I can still add on 25pts at lets say BLT or AKV or is 50 pts the minimum at all resorts now?

Don't always trust the "official" minimums. Sometimes they break their own rules.

It's usually 25 for anywhere but, yes, they were saying 50 for CCV and maybe Riv.

Keep in mind the closing costs have risen. I was last quoted about $400 for a small add on last year. When I bought in 2017 my closing costs were around $150 total for 60 points. They used to be free for existing members.

If you can, maybe try using mostly cash and some creative financing (0% credit card offers) that can be paid quickly and buy at least 50. I wouldn't want to pay 4x closing now that they've increased the fees.

Don't always trust the "official" minimums. Sometimes they break their own rules.

It's usually 25 for anywhere but, yes, they were saying 50 for CCV and maybe Riv.

Keep in mind the closing costs have risen. I was last quoted about $400 for a small add on last year. When I bought in 2017 my closing costs were around $150 total for 60 points. They used to be free for existing members.

If you can, maybe try using mostly cash and some creative financing (0% credit card offers) that can be paid quickly and buy at least 50. I wouldn't want to pay 4x closing now that they've increased the fees.

Thank you for the reminder about the closing cost. Direct is already so expensive I certainly don’t need any extra $$ added on. I will try to do 2 50pt contracts.

I want to do this too! I have a SSR Resale contract but want to add a difect contract at SSR too with the same use year that i already have. Do they let you do this? I assume we need to speak to DVC Sales to see ifnthey have any points available at non current sale resorts

I want to do this too! I have a SSR Resale contract but want to add a difect contract at SSR too with the same use year that i already have. Do they let you do this? I assume we need to speak to DVC Sales to see ifnthey have any points available at non current sale resorts
They will have SSR points. It shouldn’t be a problem to get your UY.

I don’t know if it is still the case, but if you were financing via Disney, it was a higher amount...so 25 cash, and 50 if not,

As mentioned, the minimum for RIV and CCV has been 50...who knows what changes might happen now when sales reopen

DVD actually follows a policy that if you already have points, you can purchase an add-on from it only in the same use year as your existing ownership. The exception is that you can request a different use year if the purchase you want to make from DVD is for at least the minimum number of points that a new purchaser must purchase. You will likely not have any problem getting SSR points from DVD.

I too have SSR (resale) and was thinking of adding direct points. Is there a flat price they go for and where can you see that information? I was hoping to purchase 50pts, but not sure what the "minimum" points to purchase is that will get us a blue card. I'll have to follow this thread for sure in hopes of getting the answers. Thanks!

I too have SSR (resale) and was thinking of adding direct points. Is there a flat price they go for and where can you see that information? I was hoping to purchase 50pts, but not sure what the "minimum" points to purchase is that will get us a blue card. I'll have to follow this thread for sure in hopes of getting the answers. Thanks!
You need 100 points direct for a blue card. Try googling it about buying direct. SSR and OKW are the cheapest options.

The current price for SSR is $165.

We are all waiting with baited breath as to what incentives will be for direct purchase when they open again. How badly does Disney need to sell direct? Will they lower direct purchase for blue card? We should know soon!!!

Last edited:
You need 100 points direct for a blue card. Try googling it about buying direct. SSR and OKW are the cheapest options.
Vero is the cheapest direct but you pay way more in maintenance fees. SSR as of right now the cheapest to buy direct with maintenance fees. Things can change. We own both at SSR and OKW.

Vero is the cheapest direct but you pay way more in maintenance fees. SSR as of right now the cheapest to buy direct with maintenance fees. Things can change. We own both at SSR and OKW.
True. I was thinking of WDW resorts. I was also thinking of expiration date.

VB is $120 direct, but annual dues are currently $10.13/point and it expires in 2042.
SSR is $165 direct, but annual dues are currently $6.77/point and it expires in 2057.

At 100 points, it's a difference of $4500 upfront, but $336 cheaper in dues. Not trying to factor in rising dues cost, you'll break even around year 13 or so, but will 15 more years on the SSR contract.

I admit that, if I can afford it, I weigh a little more towards lower annual dues than lower upfront cost (within reason). The reason for that is I know my financial situation NOW, but it's impossible to predict the future, so I want as low annual dues as I can.

Now, I don't weight entirely on lowest annual dues -- I'd have bough PVB and SSR as my contracts if that were the case. But I own BRV & AKL (and hopefully soon 100 points each at SSR and CCV if my contracts go through ROFR), and dues in the under $8 range is acceptable to me. We did not buy into Aulani partly because the dues were in the $8+ range, and I *almost* grabbed a 100 point VB at $58/point resale but that $10.13 in dues AND it being a resort likely to see continued large increases due to it being both an older resort and one more likely to experience damage by hurricanes going forward made me decide the upfront savings wasn't worth the potential long term financial commitment.

That said, to each his own! If the dues are within your means, go for it. It's a great way to get the blue card at low cost, and if you haven't been VB is such a delight of a resort. While I've only done it twice so far, I find ending a long trip to Disney with a long weekend at Vero Beach is the perfect way to relax and unwind before returning home.

Is there any benefit to adding on Direct via the personal guide/over the phone vs in person while on property? I'm headed down in 2 weeks and am thinking of adding on a Direct 25 point BWV contract if they have it in my Sept UY. Assuming I can still use my Disney Visa and get the 0% financing...just didn't know if I should get it now or if there was any "perk" or reason to buy in person. Thoughts?

Is there any benefit to adding on Direct via the personal guide/over the phone vs in person while on property? I'm headed down in 2 weeks and am thinking of adding on a Direct 25 point BWV contract if they have it in my Sept UY. Assuming I can still use my Disney Visa and get the 0% financing...just didn't know if I should get it now or if there was any "perk" or reason to buy in person. Thoughts?

No perks other than maybe you can get the picture...but you can do that anyway for touring a villa even if you don’t buy.

I am hoping to do that today....tour that is...not buy.

You can purchase RR in two 25 point contracts if you are paying cash. Yes, it is a 50 minimum but they will break it down into 25 points if you are cash paying for the total 50 broken into 2 25s.
If you are adding on in person you may get extra FP's but those are not available now

You can purchase RR in two 25 point contracts if you are paying cash. Yes, it is a 50 minimum but they will break it down into 25 points if you are cash paying for the total 50 broken into 2 25s.
If you are adding on in person you may get extra FP's but those are not available now
Huh. They absolutely would not do this for me when I paid cash for a 5-point add on to RIV in September (as I have 2 children and would have preferred 2 25-point contracts).

Huh. They absolutely would not do this for me when I paid cash for a 5-point add on to RIV in September (as I have 2 children and would have preferred 2 25-point contracts).
I was told I could do this when I purchased my CCV contract and I have heard of it being done for others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter