Small Stroller Recommendations? City Micro maybe?

HLAuburn

DIS Veteran
We are looking to "downgrade" our City Mini, but we go to Disney enough that I need something for my 4 year old to ride in. I like the City Mini, but it's just gotten to be too big and cumbersome considering she only rides in it half the time now.

Does anyone have an unbrella or lightweight stroller that they really like? I would love to have one that steers easily and has a decent size shade and basket with at least a little recline. I was considering the City Micro, but I don't know if it's enough change from the Mini.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

I actually have a city micro for Disney when I just don't feel like lugging the big jogger on the bus. It is very lightweight and folds awesome so I would certainly recommend it, especially over an umbrella stroller. Basket wise you don't get any more than the city mini, also the sun shade isn't as good, but its decent. I've also heard the wheels aren't as good, but it steers well and it's easy to push. I do know the wheels from the mini and micro are interchangable so if you find the wheels on the micro are inferior you could also pop the mini ones on it!
Also my DD4 likes the stroller and is comfy in it!

The micro isn't much different in size than the mini. You could switch to a maclaren but to be honest, I think you will be disappointed. I would keep the mini. We have the maclaren (mindful, it is a double). It doesn't steer anything like a better stroller, it probably takes more time to fold than the citi mini (and it folds the same as the single), and if a sunshade and canopy are important to you I think you will be disappointed. Just my two cents.

We love our Britax Blink. It's been discontinued to make way for the B-Nimble so you can get it for a pretty good price.

The have a mini and micro and have to say that they are pretty much the same size and weight. The only difference is the canopy size which is smaller in the micro and the seat doesn't fully recline. that being said, I would bring the mini if you already have it. You won't regret as it's so easy to push around and a few days of pushing a bad stroller can turn out to be a disaster.

The micro isn't much different in size than the mini. You could switch to a maclaren but to be honest, I think you will be disappointed. I would keep the mini. We have the maclaren (mindful, it is a double). It doesn't steer anything like a better stroller, it probably takes more time to fold than the citi mini (and it folds the same as the single), and if a sunshade and canopy are important to you I think you will be disappointed. Just my two cents.

That's sort of what I'm afraid of - that the micro isn't enough of a change from the mini. I think at this point, I might be better off with a true lightweight or nicer umbrella stroller.

We love our Britax Blink. It's been discontinued to make way for the B-Nimble so you can get it for a pretty good price.

Thanks! I'll check it out!

The have a mini and micro and have to say that they are pretty much the same size and weight. The only difference is the canopy size which is smaller in the micro and the seat doesn't fully recline. that being said, I would bring the mini if you already have it. You won't regret as it's so easy to push around and a few days of pushing a bad stroller can turn out to be a disaster.

We just got back last weekend and took the mini, so that's what started all this "I need a new stroller" jag with me! This trip, DD rode in it about 1/2 the time, so the rest of the time someone is pushing an empty stroller and keeping up with her too! And even though it folds pretty flat, it still takes up an awkward amount of room on the bus.

As a stroller, I really do love a lot about the mini, but I just don't think it suits our needs anymore.

Thanks for all the replies!

2binak said:

We hve a b-nimble that I love for short shopping trips. We will be taking the mini with our 6 mo old. Umbrellas will flip if you have much hanging. If its strictly for riding, the b-nimble would b great(try wayfair clearance section). My 5.5 yo dd (43"+ and 50lbs) still fits. The mini does have a much faster fold compared to any umbrella we've owned..

What is your price range? The UppaBaby G-Luxe is a great full featured umbrella stroller.

We have a Graco Ipo. It is really nice. It holds up to 55 lbs. My 7 yr old dd rode in it during the holidays while we were at SW. Still worked perfect couldn't tell the difference between her or one of the younger girls in it.

We have a bumbleride flite. It has some features that I would change but in all it's good outweighs the bad. It's a true umbrella. Folds up super small and I lie the carry strap that you can throw over your shoulder and carry it like luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter