Small scooter rented

artinlife

Mouseketeer
I am at POR Riverside, Alligator Bayou and decided to rent a small scooter as I have arthritis in my legs, feet and toes and lots of walking is hard for me. I rented a small scooter (I weigh about 170) from Mobility Plus and it worked perfectly for getting around this large resort. The only problem is that I had to have my daughter insert the (small) battery underneath and in the back as I can't bend down low enough to do it. It worked perfectly and allowed me to go over to PORFQ for breakfast in the morning and drive around the whole resort. I think it is called the iRide and Mobility Plus dropped off and picked up near the parking lot, near my building. Their service was friendly and prompt and I would recommend them. I am sure that they have larger ones too but this little one was all I needed. This scooter made all the difference between misery and a good time.

Attachments

• Scooter 1 - smzc23@gmail.com - Gmail.pdf
    404.2 KB · Views: 84
Thanks for the picture. We're at OKW, might head to POR to eat-if so, I'll keep an eye out for you and your scooter.

I've never seen one like that. Looks like it would be super super easy with the turning. Did you miss not having a back to the seat?

I know almost nothing about scooters, but I'm surprised your DD had to deal with the battery, unless it was due to taking it apart for cars.

I am at POR Riverside, Alligator Bayou and decided to rent a small scooter as I have arthritis in my legs, feet and toes and lots of walking is hard for me. I rented a small scooter (I weigh about 170) from Mobility Plus and it worked perfectly for getting around this large resort. The only problem is that I had to have my daughter insert the (small) battery underneath and in the back as I can't bend down low enough to do it. It worked perfectly and allowed me to go over to PORFQ for breakfast in the morning and drive around the whole resort. I think it is called the iRide and Mobility Plus dropped off and picked up near the parking lot, near my building. Their service was friendly and prompt and I would recommend them. I am sure that they have larger ones too but this little one was all I needed. This scooter made all the difference between misery and a good time.

That's an interesting little scooter! I wonder how long the battery lasts and how it would have done at the parks. Did you not go to the parks?

I know one thing though - without a back on the scooter I would have managed to fall off of it 100% guaranteed!

That kind of seat reminds me a lot of a garden tractor (or riding lawn mower) seat. As long as you don't have any lower back/SI Joint issues, it might be fine for most folks.

The nice thing about that style of scooter is that you do not need the seat back as much as you think you will; your arms are extended forward to grasp the handlebars (like riding a bike) and so you don't really feel the need for a seat back like you think you will. I rode my TravelScoot(s) for *years* without a seat back at all, and never had a problem.

The iRide is made by Pride Mobility, and looks an awful lot like the current generation of TravelScoot.

I've never seen one like that. Looks like it would be super super easy with the turning. Did you miss not having a back to the seat?

I know almost nothing about scooters, but I'm surprised your DD had to deal with the battery, unless it was due to taking it apart for cars.
Not having a back didn't bother me. I chose this one because it was small and uncomplicated, thus no back. No reverse either but the turning radius was super tight so it made turns really well. I just can't bend down and fuss with the battery due to two hip replacements, one knee replacement and the other knee being bad. Also, I have osteo arthritis in my legs feet and arms, though I do walk and swim every day. Daily exercise is what is keeping me from falling apart completely. LOL!

That's an interesting little scooter! I wonder how long the battery lasts and how it would have done at the parks. Did you not go to the parks?

I know one thing though - without a back on the scooter I would have managed to fall off of it 100% guaranteed!
The battery got charged at night in the room. The scooter just sat outside the door, where all the other ones were. I did not rent one at MK but I rented one (and left my little one at POR) at Epcot and at AK so there was extra expense but it was worth it. I would do it again the same way. We got into the parks early so there were plenty of scooters available. I think it cost $70 and you get $20 back when you turn it in.

I rented a park scooter at Epcot and Animal Kingdom. My daughter didn't think that she could get the small scooter up onto the back of the car. It was a godsend at Epcot but not so much at Animal Kingdom as that park has narrow passageways and was very crowded. You also have to have a lot of patience as people are constantly walking and stopping in front of you and don't really 'see' you coming.

The battery lasted all day. We took it off the scooter and into our room at night to be re-charged.
That kind of seat reminds me a lot of a garden tractor (or riding lawn mower) seat. As long as you don't have any lower back/SI Joint issues, it might be fine for most folks.

The nice thing about that style of scooter is that you do not need the seat back as much as you think you will; your arms are extended forward to grasp the handlebars (like riding a bike) and so you don't really feel the need for a seat back like you think you will. I rode my TravelScoot(s) for *years* without a seat back at all, and never had a problem.

The iRide is made by Pride Mobility, and looks an awful lot like the current generation of TravelScoot.
You are right. It is like riding a bike and was comfortable. I have no back issues so it was fine for me. It takes about one minute to learn and get used to and is very easy to navigate. Here at POR Riverside it is really nice to have as you have long, wide open spaces to ride on as opposed to the crowded parks.

That’s very interesting. I didn’t know one like that could be rented! I was on here last month looking for a portable option for my mother as we are renting a van and driving to the parks in early June. I ended up purchasing something very similar on Amazon. Only difference appears to be that it has a seat back. Hers came with two batteries, so I’m hoping for good battery life! The scooter doesn’t appear to be in stock on Amazon anymore, but hopefully it will come back soon. It was a deal of the day item when we purchased and I felt like it was only slightly more than the cost of renting twice. I think she will get a lot of use out of it in her hometown so a good purchase for us!

Attachments

• 148BCC34-BFC6-4D7D-992E-1D8567D8F455.png
    148BCC34-BFC6-4D7D-992E-1D8567D8F455.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 13
That’s very interesting. I didn’t know one like that could be rented! I was on here last month looking for a portable option for my mother as we are renting a van and driving to the parks in early June. I ended up purchasing something very similar on Amazon. Only difference appears to be that it has a seat back. Hers came with two batteries, so I’m hoping for good battery life! The scooter doesn’t appear to be in stock on Amazon anymore, but hopefully it will come back soon. It was a deal of the day item when we purchased and I felt like it was only slightly more than the cost of renting twice. I think she will get a lot of use out of it in her hometown so a good purchase for us!
Give Mobility Plus a call. Good service, helpful and a pleasant surprise.

The battery lasted all day. We took it off the scooter and into our room at night to be re-charged.

You are right. It is like riding a bike and was comfortable. I have no back issues so it was fine for me. It takes about one minute to learn and get used to and is very easy to navigate. Here at POR Riverside it is really nice to have as you have long, wide open spaces to ride on as opposed to the crowded parks.
The scooter guy said that there is a man who stays at POR a month at a time and has the scooter there for that whole time. Nice.

The iride looks really sweet! It would be great for someone like me because of my poor depth perception; with bulkier ECVs I have trouble telling how close I am to things or people I might run into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter