Small Newspaper Article on FtW Improvements

des1954

DIS Veteran
My DMIL e-mailed this article from today's Bradenton Herald. What I found most interesting is that there is going to be a "mini water park" and improved Golf Cart rental system (for more on that see TCD's report on the main board). Anyway...here goes - I have to type it out because it won't "cut & paste":

"Walt Disney World is making the largest set of improvements in the last two decades to its Fort Wilderness Campground.

The central Florida theme park is in the process of adding extra-large camper pads for recreation vehicles, cable-TV and Internet service, Segway scooter tours, a mini-water park, a dog park and an improved electric-cart rental operation.

Jean Gallhagher, the campground's general manager, says the area hasn't seen many improvements in its 37 year history, mostly because of the traditionally rustic nature of camping. But Gallagher says the new upgrades will better meet the expectations of modern guests."

Yes...it did say "mini water park" :yay: :yay: :yay: ! I guess we will now have to suffer the WL trash in our swimmin' hole!!

Someone else had posted an article...I thought it was from Orlando Sentinel?? But it had the same verbiage (mini water park)...I'm interested to see what they do with the pool area! :thumbsup2

Yes...it did say "mini water park" :yay: :yay: :yay: ! I guess we will now have to suffer the WL trash in our swimmin' hole!!

I guess it's payback for all the pool-hopping the Fort people "supposedly" :tiptoe: do to the other resorts... :lmao:

What they need to do is add some loops. that way we don't have to make ressies so far in advance. I have already made christmas 09 ressies and haven't even been christmas 08 yet.

go figure only disney

What about beer taps? The otters will love the mini water park but would enjoy free beer even more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter