Small gift suggestions for kids heading to WDW

Shagley

If you don't move when I say "beep beep", I will r
My friend will be heading to WDW in October with her extended family. I want to give her kids a little package with some fun things in it to make their trip special, but since both sets of Grandparents will be with them, I think they will end up with plenty of t-shirts, stuffed animals, and Mickey hats. I am trying to think of a few other little ideas that will be fun, inexpensive, and not something that will take up too much space for them to haul home. The kids will be DS-18mo, DD-5 and Dnephew-10. All I have thought of so far is...

* Halloween window clings to decorate their resort windows
* glow sticks
* Disney cups filled with snacks (the 88 cent plastic Hallmark cups that you can buy at Walmart). Then they can use the cup in the hotel room and pitch it at the end of the week.
* A few small Disney toys to play with on the plane or to keep the toddler entertained while waiting in lines.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated, especially ideas for the 10 year old nephew.

This won't really work for the 18 mo. old, but for the others - Party City has Disney lanyards and silicone bracelets for 99 cents each. The lanyards are good for pin trading and you can write mom and dad's phone numbers on the inside of the bracelets with a Sharpie, just in case.

For the older kids - you could give them some quarters and pennies to use in the penny press machines.

If the parents permit it, temporary tattoos. They tend to have stands around the resorts that entice the parents to spend too much on them. Also, maybe the little coloring activity kits in Disney themes.

Have you looked at Dollar Tree? They always have lots of Disney stuff, like jumbo crayons, coloring books, "magic" washcloths, toys, puzzles, etc. I also love their glow wands. They have ones shaped like swords, ones with skulls, hearts and stars. Walgreens will also have a ton of Disney-themed Halloween tchotchkes when fall rolls around. If you do glow bracelets, buy the tubes of 15 for $1 from Target. You can snap 3 together to make a necklace and they'll have several to wear.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I picked up some cute sticker/activity books in the scrapbooking area of Walmart last night. I got Princesses, Mickey's Clubhouse and Cars. I hope the Cars one isn't too young for the 10 year old, but I wanted to stick with the Disney theme.

I will have to check out Party City. I had thought about getting some sort of security bracelet or neckace for the kids that they could put a cell phone number in. The silicone bracelet is a great idea! I will check out the lanyards too!

I forgot all about the pressed penny machines. Great idea! I will have to find some of the mini M&M's so I can fill a container with quarters and pennies for the machines.

I love the temporary tatoo idea! I'm sure I have seen the kids wearing them before, so I know the parents won't have a problem with that.

I can't wait to go to Dollar Tree to see what fun kids of stuff I can find for the kids! The light up wands sound great! I am always at Target, so I will get the glow bracelets/neclaces from there - it sounds like a better deal than the ones at Dollar Tree. Also, I will definately check out Walgreens once it gets closer to the fall. Thanks for the tip!

How about a small gift card for the older 2 kids so they can buy something when they are there? I know both my nephews loved them on our spring break trip, in fact the 5 yr old made better choices than the 14 year old! The older one just wanted to spend it as fast as he could, the 5 yr old weighed his decisions carefully, as he said "I don't want to waste it on junk". One sales lady at Seaworld heard him and I thought she was going to cry she was laughing so hard.

My niece is taking her first trip a few days after she turns 10. I bought her a bag of the $2.99 Vinylmation that were on clearance and printed up a page on Vinylmation trading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter