Small contract

But most of the space in the Polynesian studios is taken up with bathroom, entrance and kitchenette. Leaving not so much living space. OKW seems like it has tons of living space in the studio.
Certainly the floor plans seem to indicate that. And while it's a divergence from the topic of this thread, can I just say I never understood why bathrooms keep getting bigger and bigger at the expense of living space? Or am I just in the minority of people who would rather have a smaller bathroom if it meant more space to spread out (and potentially ensure a fifth bed)??

But most of the space in the Polynesian studios is taken up with bathroom, entrance and kitchenette. Leaving not so much living space. OKW seems like it has tons of living space in the studio.
That's fine...I was just correcting the square footage from the previous post. Personally I would prefer to have 2 bathrooms and/or a 5th sleeping space over the extra square footage in the living space.

That's fine...I was just correcting the square footage from the previous post. Personally I would prefer to have 2 bathrooms and/or a 5th sleeping space over the extra square footage in the living space.
I do agree on the two bathrooms... but the Poly floorplan looks like you could fit three bathrooms with the size of the two! :) (the 2 bathrooms is one of the things I do love about the 1 BRs at Kidani). I haven't stayed in a Poly studio yet, though fingers crossed I'll get my chance in December.

The shape of OKW studios are very different and OKW was the first and those studios are also the largest DVC studio at 455 sq ft. Poly is next at 447. BWV has only 359 sq ft. It’s about 100 sq feet smaller than OKW.

OKW studios are 390. Poly is the largest at WDW (447), then Riviera (423). HHI is the 455.

Hi, JETSDAD & The Jackal.

I wish OKW had enough room to add a fold-out sleeper sofa or even a fold-out sleeper chair and remove one of the beds.

I guess the irregular, angular studio shape prevents a fold-out sleeper sofa to fit in the space for one of the beds.

UY. So if a June UY like I have....from June 1, 2020 to May 31, 2021 would get me just one transfer.
It is per UY, but you can transfer points to/from whatever UY you want the points to work for, not necessarily what UY you are in, if that makes sense.

In the past I have transferred in points from another resort for one UY and transferred out points from my next UY when doing a point swap with another owner who wanted my home resort, and MS can do it all in one phone call.

Eg, If I wanted to travel in fall of '23, I can call MS in fall of '22 to be ready to book at 11 months, and on that call I can transfer in someone's 2022 UY points, then give them my 2023 UY points. Then we can both travel in the 2023 UY since I can bank those '22 UY points. Or vice versa.

I have 2 contracts with different membership numbers, so I usually try to transfer into one contract, out of the other to a different person and keep all the points in whatever UY I am travelling in (also I tend to transfer in a larger amount of points than I transfer out, but that's another story). Sometimes its easiest to do a swap with just one other owner as then there's a lot less Paypal involved.

Last edited:

I wish OKW had enough room to add a fold-out sleeper sofa or even a fold-out sleeper chair and remove one of the beds.

I guess the irregular, angular studio shape prevents a fold-out sleeper sofa to fit in the space for one of the beds.

Maybe one day they will change out one of the beds with the queen Murphy beds they are installing in the refurbished units.

I do agree on the two bathrooms... but the Poly floorplan looks like you could fit three bathrooms with the size of the two! :) (the 2 bathrooms is one of the things I do love about the 1 BRs at Kidani). I haven't stayed in a Poly studio yet, though fingers crossed I'll get my chance in December.
Not two bathrooms in the Polynesian studios, just two bathing spaces. You still only have a single toilet. Now two bathrooms at KV and BLT is very nice.

Maybe one day they will change out one of the beds with the queen Murphy beds they are installing in the refurbished units.
I'd hate to have them remove the second real queen bed from OKW. That's the only studio we book because we both like to get some sleep at night and we cannot share a queen bed. It's just too small for the two of us. And I'm not so sure about a platform bed like the murphy bed at SSR and RIV. I don't care how easy it appears to open up. I'd rather just have the bed ready and waiting for me.

Not two bathrooms in the Polynesian studios, just two bathing spaces. You still only have a single toilet. Now two bathrooms at KV and BLT is very nice.

Yes however those are 1BR units rather than studios (lovely though). I have a teenage daughter who likes to spend forever in the shower....being able to still go the bathroom while she showers is wonderful.

Yes however those are 1BR units rather than studios (lovely though). I have a teenage daughter who likes to spend forever in the shower....being able to still go the bathroom while she showers is wonderful.
With only a single bathroom at our house, our kids, and us too, had to respect the shower curtain because when someone had to use the toilet, they would. We didn't have any problems, luckily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter