small amusement park in south eastern florida

cyndik1111

DIS Veteran
We are looking for a small-ish (read cheap) amusement park with some 'good' rides (not just baby rides) to hit after the cruise. We will be driving down to west palm springs the saturday after the cruise for a few days to visit family. My daughter is dying to go on rides. But I don't want the extra drive west to WDW for one day (or pay over $200 for one day) Hoping to find something between cape canaveral and west palm beach- even more south (ft lauderdale/miami) would be OK. I have searched the web and found nothing.
I was hoping a seasoned floridian might have an idea or two. Even a place like a six flags would be ok too. Or maybe a small mom/pop place. We have them up here in the northeast- but of course they aren't open in the winter.

I lived in Florida for more than 30 years, until 3 years ago, and I had a job that required I travel all over the state. I cannot think of anything that comes even close to meeting your requirements. Most of the smaller amusement parks in the state have gone out of business, they simply cannot compete with Disney, Universal, or Busch Gardens (which is in Tampa.)

You may just be out of luck.

WE live in Fort Lauderdale.

And i cannot think of anything close with Rides.

There are several things you can do parkwise but they dont have rides.

There is Butterfly World
Lion COuntry Safari
Monkey Jungle
Wannado City......This is really really cool depending on how old your kids are.

There is also a Boomer in Hollywood. It has a large roller coaster.

thanks for the help.
I checked out wannado and boomers. we may do both of those. but my daughter had her heart set on rides... she is a thrill junkie at the age of 5.

can you believe she isn't excited about the cruise? she says if there's no rides and no Ariel, it wont be fun.

there were a few rides at boomers in ft lauderdale, but she's too short for the roller coaster. I guess we'll have to take what we can get.

she is a thrill junkie at the age of 5.

Our youngest son (now 26) was our thrill junkie. He would get so mad that he had to sit out of the different coasters because he wasn't tall enough at 4 & 5 to ride the coasters. We always say that it was I rode the Orient Express at Worlds of Fun the first year that it was open while just barely pregnant (not far enough along to realize it yet).

Karla in Kansas

when are you coming? The South Florida Fair is January 16th - February 1st in West Palm Beach..
Other than that, Boomers in Hollywood has a wooden roller coaster and race cart track

when are you coming? The South Florida Fair is January 16th - February 1st in West Palm Beach..
Other than that, Boomers in Hollywood has a wooden roller coaster and race cart track
Yes Yes yes... we'll be cruising jan 24-31 then w.palm beach from jan 31- feb 3. so that would be perfect... tell me more.... PLEASE???

Well..it wasn't so much a find as a "it is a mile from my house" kinda thing!! haha
I-95 South to Southern Blvd West - Continue west about 10 miles..it is on the North Side of Southern before 441..you can't miss it!

http://www.southfloridafair.com/

Well..it wasn't so much a find as a "it is a mile from my house" kinda thing!! haha
I-95 South to Southern Blvd West - Continue west about 10 miles..it is on the North Side of Southern before 441..you can't miss it!

http://www.southfloridafair.com/

Thanks a million. This looks like the perfect thing to feed her obsession with fast rides. We can actually go the Thursday before the cruise and the sunday after.... perfect! My in-laws actually have a condo not too far south from here (Hunter's Run Golf something-or-other). I know right where it is. I've driven N. Congress thousands of times. If you can't get there from N. Congress, I don't go, LOL. Thanks again- you saved the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter