Slow Down the Counter!!

lucysdad

<font color=teal>You've touched my heart<br><font
i know this sounds nuts, but the time is going by so fast and before we know it, it will be time to leave, and then we'll be there. But, then we'll be home and it will be all over! I enjoy the anticipation and hate the return home. I go into a postDisney funk. It always happens and it almost colors my time in The World because I know how quickly our time there goes. Does anyone feel the same or am I all alone in this weird world of mine?
Lucy's Mom

No I agree...I think the anticipation just adds to the trip..I'm always in a Disney funk on the day we leave.

I cant belive I have this little time and I still have so much to do to get ready....

Denise:D

On the one hand, I wish the countdown timer would move faster because it feels like my WDW trip will never get here. On the other hand, I always end up feeling so sad when we get back, and I dread that feeling. I even start thinking about it while we're still at WDW! And I love the planning process and the anticipation of a trip. So I know exactly what you're talking about! ::yes::

I enjoy the trip planning so much that it kind of leaves me feeling a little empty when it's finally time to leave. That changes pretty quickly when I get my first ride on the monorail and see the castle for the first time.
I am probably in very miniscule minority in that I actually look forward to coming home with about a day left in my trip. That quickly changes when I get home. ::MinnieMo

I think my countdown is stuck or something...

I get into a deep funkdom when I have to come back home from a great vacation :(

That's why I try to clean my house as much as I can before I leave. That way it's one less routine I have to face when I get back :smooth:

Originally posted by Kaycee
On the one hand, I wish the countdown timer would move faster because it feels like my WDW trip will never get here. On the other hand, I always end up feeling so sad when we get back, and I dread that feeling. I even start thinking about it while we're still at WDW! And I love the planning process and the anticipation of a trip. So I know exactly what you're talking about! ::yes::

Hey Kaycee!!:wave: I was just noticing your countdown...seems we will be there just about the same time!! :)

I agree, I wish it would slow down and then just stop on the day! LOL Then I wouldn't have to leave Disney!! ;)

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. For me, the Disney funk starts setting in around mid-week if we are there for 7 days. It drives my husband nuts. When we did our two week honeymoon in 2001, the funk started the monday of the second week, believe it or not.

It's a powerful thing, that feeling of dreading the routine at home.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I always plan my next trip on the way home to avoid the funk. I still funk but it's not as bad if I know I'll be able to come back. Luckily, my DH understands.

I dont know how this is going to work for us. We are going to the WDW parks for 4 days first then US /IOA for 2 then seaworld for one. I think having all those different things spread out over the week will keep us from getting into the mid week funk mentioned above.

John

I agree that the anticipation is part of the fun. I am so excited! May 11th needs to get here already! On the other hand, I don't want to have to come home. So, if my counter could please speed up until May 11 and then slow down I would greatly appreciate it! :laughing:

I'm right there with you...and I thought I was the only one.

When I saw my counter in the teens, I was so excited. Then almost immediately, I wished that I had some more time. It's something that I inherited from my mother, I think. I'm already lamenting that the trip is almost over, and it hasn't even begun yet.

I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in this (however weird I may be).

:earseek:

I agree! I only have 6 days to go before I leave and I haven't started packing yet! I am usually so much better at this but have had so much going on that I am now far behind.

I've been trying to make this sucker go faster since I got back last October. :p

I don't even let my mind wander past my last day there until it's that time. I'm only focused on getting through the next two weeks and getting there!! :hyper: ::yes::

:bounce: :bounce:

I'm looking forward to our trip because at the end of it I know I will be very excited to come home (to see my kids again! :bounce: ). So I'm excited about going and sometime around the 4th day I tend to get VERY homesick and miss my kids, so I know the next day I get to hug them again so it makes my trip home exciting too! :hyper:

So much to do this week, it'll fly by!

Hi,

I agree. We NEVER want to leave. Don't laugh but I cry! :(

Allison

I feel the exact same way as all of you have described. I love the planning and the anticipation. When we are finally there, the reality of the trip being over soon hits, and I get a bit depressed. You can mark the days of the trip by my face in the pictures. First day, full grin with teeth, mid trip, half smile, no teeth, last day, big time hysterics! DH acts all bent out of shape when I plan now (4.5 months before our "maybe" trip) for all the details, because he doesn't understand the big deal about "where are we going to eat", and "which day is EMH", and "which day is Wishes in Sept", but he does brag that I am on a first name basis with a lot of CMs at the DS, and also at WDTC once I converse with them! So far, I have begun getting stuff together to bring, started thinking about which character meals, etc.

I can't wait for our trips to get here. I usually have more than one trip planned at a time, so I always have one to look forward to. Even if it is over a year away, it keeps me going.

My problem is when it is time to come home. Our last trip this past February seemed worse than usual for me. We were walking around the AKL our last morning killing time before the car service was to pick us up. I started to get all teary eyed! I have never gotten this upset before. Usually we are happy to be going home. Even my DH (who could care less if we go to Disney or not) didn't want to go home yet. This was our first trip in the winter, so maybe it was the thought of going home to all the cold and snow.:(

I am definately addicted to the Mouse!!;)

If it goes any slower I'll really be crazy before May 8th gets here. I too will be in a funk once the trip is over (boy is that 9 1/2 hr. drive home going to be a killer!) but DH and I have made the waiting almost unbearable by not telling DS's (2 and 4) that we're going. I've been counting down for more than 90 day. Only 18 days left!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter