slo’s WEDNESDAY 6/8 poll - Small Animal Pets

Small Animal Pets - what do you have? (Multiple choice)

• Hamster

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Guinea Pig or Gerbil (please post which one)

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Mouse or Rat (please post which one)

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Reptile (please post what)

• Rabbit

• Bird

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Ferret

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chinchilla

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not have a small animal pet

Votes: 61 73.5%
  • Other - please post your answer

• Total voters
Not now. I had hamsters as a child, my DS had gerbils, both DDs had guinea pigs, which were definitely my favorite of the three! Although their cage needed cleaning more often than the smaller pets, especially with 2 at a time. I found plans online to make them a large cage with corrugated plastic and cubes.

Last edited:
No small pets ever along the way. Three dogs, Keemo, Tanya and Doc, now all at the Rainbow Bridge. Marie did have a yellow head parrot, Poncho, at the Rainbow Bridge about 10 years ago. He was 60-65 years old at the time.

I used to work for a Municipal Animal Service In cruelty investigation. Before I retired (30 yrs) I rescued a baby angora rabbit from teenage owners. They wanted to use the bunny to tie an engagement ring to. You know, for social media purposes
Anyway, that lovely “adorable “ rabbit has cost me $11000 in vet and emergency vet billS in 4 years. Since we took him we believe that he is our responsibility for his life. Teeth molar trims every 8 weeks and furblocked intestinal emergencies every 12 or so weeks.
Honestly, I don’t know why people buy small caged animals. We have horses too and dogs. Alfie lives in a cage by himself, gets lots of floor time but it seems like a sad lonely life. He was nbred like all pocket pets are, to make money for greedy people. His inbreeding led to his poor teeth and guts.
Just my experiences, your may vary.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter