Votes: 4 5.7%
  • A handful of times a year

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • I’ve never video chatted with anyone

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters
A few times every 6 months. Our son in Houston often surprises us with them with him and his family.

I did it with friends during Covid lock up times.

It varies. DS will occasionally FaceTime instead of calling, and I learned Zoom during the early days of Covid to connect with family and friends, but haven't been using it socially lately. I have taken some classes over it since then, so more often during those.

Once in a while with my sister when we haven't gotten together in a few weeks. I just did a Zoom meeting for jury duty not too long ago. They do all court business this way now in my part of New Jersey. Had I been chosen, I would have then gone to the courthouse in person for the trial.

Never for me. I'm mostly retired now and hubby works from home so I see his face 24/7. My son lives about 30 min. from me, we text a lot but no video. Hubby and I did do a video chat once while I was at WDW and he was home but our poor little dog got so confused hearing my voice. He tried to show her I was on the computer but she never figured it out. After that, it wasn't worth confusing the poor girl. Hubby has a video meeting about twice a week.

On the other hand, hubby and I do use the chat feature on google a lot. Heck during football season I will be in the bedroom and he will be in the living room (other side of the wall) and he will send me chats with score updates. Or he will be downstairs in the basement working and I'll be upstairs and we chat. I'm too lazy to walk down the stairs and he might be on the phone or video meeting.

For work multiple times a day. We do lots of Marco Polo videos on the weekends, mostly the dogs to send to our DS. He misses the dogs more than us, lol.

Work is daily right now

Personal is not at all
I voted Other, as in "As Seldom as Humanly Possible". I despise video chats and only do them for work, which are now mandatory and happen several times a week. I refuse to Facetime or Skype (is that even still a thing?) any of my personal contacts.

Rarely. Sometimes my kids FaceTime me instead of calling which I find annoying. I’d prefer a text. We did do an extended family Zoom call for the first COVID Christmas with my parents and my sisters and their families.

From March 2020 to July 16, 2021 I was on Zoom for a minimum of 6 hours of my 8 hour work day. It was the best way to link folks working remotely and in house. I was talking to a former co-worker and she said that is still the same even though all but about 3 people are working in house again.
I am on the board of directors of a service club and we meet about every two months for an hour on zoom. Our meetings with all members have been hybrid for the past 4 months. We met 3 weeks ago, 30 folks in person, 20 on zoom.
Once in a while my son will use Duo on our cell phones to chat.

I voted Other, as in "As Seldom as Humanly Possible". I despise video chats and only do them for work, which are now mandatory and happen several times a week. I refuse to Facetime or Skype (is that even still a thing?) any of my personal contacts.

I forgot that we are also zooming our board of directors meetings for the daycare I’m at.

We FaceTime several times a month with our nephew who is 2 1/2. We live in Philly and he lives in Charlotte so we don't get to see him as often as we would like to and this is a great way to stay in touch and make sure he knows us. He would never "talk" on the phone but he loves showing us his toys or acting out plays or just generally being silly. It's been an amazing way to watch him grow up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter