slo’s THURSDAY poll - No poll today (explanation on post #1)

Green, Red, Orange and Yellow Peppers - What do you use when cooking? (Multiple choice)

• Green

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Red

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • Yellow

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • Orange

Votes: 14 15.4%
  • All the above

Votes: 42 46.2%
  • None - I don’t like them

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • None - I can’t eat them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None - I don’t cook

• I didn’t know peppers came in colors other than green

• Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Good morning!

Sorry - no poll today
The space for me to post it is gone.
I thought it was on my iPad, so I switched to my phone and it still wasn’t there.
I went on other forums and it still wasn’t there.
Is this missing for you all too, or is it just me?

Last edited:
Our grocery store usually carries red, orange, and green (no yellow). I either buy green ones (they're usually cheaper than the other colors) or a variety depending on what I'm making.

I think they all taste pretty much the same (and they're not my favorite.) My daughter, on the other hand, LOVES bell peppers (even just raw as a snack) and she swears the orange ones taste best.

Last edited:
I try to get the 4 pack but they alway throw in green - I prefer all other to green - the itgers are a bit sweeter
As I have gotten older I eat them less as the heartburn is just not worth it but DD loves them and DH seems to think he’s 20 and can eat them all he wants ha Haa ( he suffers every time )

Cook with green, but it's for adding a flavor, not really part of the completed dish. When I'm making stuffed pepper soup as I do a lot, I double the peppers because I want some red, yellow, and orange in there too for aesthetics. The colorful ones are sweeter but milder taste so instead of 2 green, yellow, and orange, I do 3 green and one each of the 3 colors.

We use all 4 colours interchangeably. :)
Yes and here most stores sell packages of what they call “stop-light peppers” with a red, a yellow and a green one together. That’s usually what I buy and since they all taste basically the same, I use whichever colour adds the nicest contrast to any particular dish. I love eating them raw too and they’re so pretty on a veggie tray.

Green is used in my chili and the yellow red and orange are used on my vegetable tray eaten raw because they are sweeter.

I only like green, the others are too sweet. I don’t really cook with peppers though. DH does and he uses all the colors.

I use red almost exclusively now. Once or twice a year I buy a yellow or orange pepper.

I used to buy green too, but about four years ago DH asked me to stop buying them, saying they’re bitter and give him heartburn.

I made vegetarian red stuffed peppers last week when Shop Rite had them on sale. Dice and sauté zucchini, onion, and the pepper tops. Add can of diced tomatoes and cooked rice. Top with tomato sauce and shredded cheese. Skip the cheese for vegan.

I usually make enough stuffing to fill veggie burritos two or three nights later.

I'll cook with any color, but I don't particularly like bell peppers. I'll only eat them cooked in something like goulash, NEVER raw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter