• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s SATURDAY 5/21 poll - Your NonSport High School Activities

Your NonSport High School Activity (multiple choice)

• Band

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • Choir

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • Theater

Votes: 31 34.1%
  • Auto Shop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Journalism

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Academic Clubs (please post which one)

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • National Honor Society

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • Student Government

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • I was in no clubs

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 29 31.9%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
I’m continuing with the high school theme in honor of my DD18 graduating from high school on Wednesday.

What nonsport high school activity did you participate in?
(multiple choice)

For Me….I was in marching band and concert band

57D7385E-A74A-4E0E-90CD-A248517ACABA.png

Band, Theater, Latin Club (it was more fun than it sounds), service club, and National Honor Society (which didn't really do anything.)

My 2022 senior is in National Honor Society and Spanish Club (She personally hates Spanish class and swears never to take another class, but her friends are in Spanish Club.)

This year at school, she took a program electives at our career center. (As part of that program, she passed her Certified Pharmacy Technician exam this week). She has a "completion ceremony" for that program today and tomorrow is her high school graduation.

I did newspaper sophomore through senior year. French and Art club freshman year.

Edit. I forgot, also did Future Business Leaders of America junior and senior year.

I was selected for COE (Cooperative Office Education) my senior year. They only picked 25 kids out of the senior class. I was able to just go to my required classes in the morning which for me was just one class since I already had enough credits to graduate. Then I was able to go to work at noon where I was a clerk at a local insurance office. What was really nice is the insurance office I worked at closed at noon on Wednesdays so I didn’t even have to go in. I went to school in the morning and that was it for the day.

Total theater geek here. I signed up for a few other things here and there, but I was doing school theater, community theater, and some film work...so everything else tended to fall by the wayside.

We didn't have clubs at my high school, just like we didn't have sports. I went to an Arts school, as I said in yesterday's poll. In my school instead of clubs, everyone had Majors. Visual Arts, Drama, Dance, Creative Writing, Vocal Music, or Instrumental Music. Each day, besides our regular high school courses, we had three classes a day in our Major. I was a Visual Arts student, and I took illustration, fine arts, and sculpture classes every day. There wasn't time to belong to a club.

Yearbook staff
Spanish Club
Stage Crew for theater
NHS
“Computer Club”-it was considered a fad for geeks and nerds back then and most of the boys in it fit the description perfectly. I was one of the few girls.
Five or six others various years

Drama Club and a club for people who were in what I think was called office education (secretaries). It's been too many years and I can't remember the name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter