• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s MONDAY MLK Day poll - Working Today

MLK Day - Are you working today or did you work today in the past?

• Currently employed - I am working today

Votes: 27 28.7%
  • Currently employed - I am off work today

Votes: 41 43.6%
  • Currently retired - I did work today

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Currently retired - I did not work today

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Currently unemployed - I worked today

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Currently unemployed - I did not work today

• I choose to take this day off

• I live in another country - this holiday doesn’t happen here

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • What is MLK day?

• Other - please post your answer

• Total voters
I’m off today but I’m usually off on Mondays. Where I work they are working. My department is the only department that has off on Mondays. We work Tuesday-fri 12 hour days.

I’m working and it’s fine by me. Show me the $$$. Although I would actually like to have the option of holiday pay or get credit for future time off.

I’m off today but I’m usually off on Mondays. Where I work they are working. My department is the only department that has off on Mondays. We work Tuesday-fri 12 hour days.

My husband used to have a similar schedule (years ago now) and he loved it. Wish we could do it now -

I am unemployed but before our company shut down we had nine paid holidays and one of those was MLK Day. However, there were some positions that had to be staffed 7/365, including mine, so I would have been working today and received hourly pay plus holiday pay.

A431BE72-CBFC-40E5-808E-A8349B90057A.jpegLive in another country .

But do have a snow blizzard going on right now so snow day here.DAA7DB6F-F5C2-455F-8555-A3C4176EEB87.jpeg

Working today at an accounting firm. "There are no holidays during tax season!" Lol

No MLK day here - the first statutory holiday on our calendar is something called “Family Day” and it occurs on the 3rd Monday in February.
It was a holiday enacted; or made up, if you will, about 20 years ago (by individual provinces - not federally) to provide a mid-winter interlude. Some provinces call it other things. The timing is purely coincidental.

Here in chilly MB it’s called Louis Riel Day.

Retired so no impact other than no mail and I can't do banking, etc.
Holidays are normal business days in my industry, so last year when I was still working it was just another day added to the PTO bank to be taken later.
For a second year in a row most public observances have gone virtual or been canceled due to the pandemic.

It was a holiday enacted; or made up, if you will, about 20 years ago (by individual provinces - not federally) to provide a mid-winter interlude. Some provinces call it other things. The timing is purely coincidental.
In our province it’s Louis Riel Day. We’ve only had it for about 10 years if that.

retired from teaching at a Community College, so no we did not work on MLK Day. The new semester would start, though on Tuesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter