• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s MONDAY MLK Day poll - Working Today

MLK Day - Are you working today or did you work today in the past?

• Currently employed - I am working today

Votes: 27 28.7%
  • Currently employed - I am off work today

Votes: 41 43.6%
  • Currently retired - I did work today

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Currently retired - I did not work today

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Currently unemployed - I worked today

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Currently unemployed - I did not work today

• I choose to take this day off

• I live in another country - this holiday doesn’t happen here

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • What is MLK day?

• Other - please post your answer

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
For those that are employed - are you working today?
For those retired - did you work today at your last job?

For Me….I manage a Chiropractor’s office and we are open today.
We will be very busy today because many of our patients are off work, and they will call to ask to come in today for an adjustment.

We are both retired, and we have the day off!

It is very windy out, we are expecting more rain, not snow. So no shoveling expected to have be done, either!

Use to get day off when worked for big Corp now work for small business - we work today - I receive less holidays but more freedom

I am employed and my company is closed today. They started giving us MLK Day as a paid holiday last year. We don’t get the other federal holidays like President’s Day, Columbus Day or Veterans Day but are off for New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, and Christmas. We accrue a certain number of hours of vacation time every pay which we can roll over some of it to the next year and 2 personal days.

Working today. We’ve never received MLK day off as a holiday, but you can take it as part of your PTO if desired.

No MLK day here - the first statutory holiday on our calendar is something called “Family Day” and it occurs on the 3rd Monday in February.

Without researching it, I’m guessing it’s a made up holiday to coincide with US Presidents Day.

Without researching it, I’m guessing it’s a made up holiday to coincide with US Presidents Day.
It was a holiday enacted; or made up, if you will, about 20 years ago (by individual provinces - not federally) to provide a mid-winter interlude. Some provinces call it other things. The timing is purely coincidental.

Working but from home as we are currently snowed in! NE Ohio, and so far, work has consisted of everyone sharing snow pics on Teams lol.

Semi-disabled, so no work for me. I was a freelance artist and designer for years and usually had a deadline on this day. Before that I worked in a medical records copying office, and don't recall ever having a day off on a holiday other than Christmastime and New Year's Day.

I'm sort of "temporarily retired" - no longer substitute teaching, but not sure I won't still fall into something else. Had MLK Day off in both of my previous careers, though - banking and teaching.

Retired, but when I was working I did work today.

We are at Disney, didn’t even realize today was MLK so the parks will probably be busy just like over the weekend☹️ We are going to Animal Kingdom today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter