slo’s MONDAY 2/26 poll - Jigsaw Puzzles 🧩

Jigsaw Puzzles - Do you enjoy them, How many pieces, What do you do with them? (m.c.)

• I enjoy working on jigsaw puzzles

Votes: 56 53.8%
  • I somewhat enjoy working on jigsaw puzzles

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • I do not enjoy working on jigsaw puzzles

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • 300 pieces or less

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • 301 - 500 pieces

Votes: 18 17.3%
  • 501 - 1000 pieces

Votes: 38 36.5%
  • 1000 pieces or more

Votes: 32 30.8%
  • I glue completed puzzles

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I return completed puzzles back to the box

Votes: 62 59.6%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 6 5.8%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Jigsaw Puzzles are an enjoyable pass time for many people. Jigsaw Puzzles are also something that many people have no desire to do. Tell us where you fit into this……

Are you someone that enjoys working on jigsaw puzzles?
If yes….How many piece puzzles do you enjoy?
What do you do with them after they are completed?
(multiple choice)

For Me……I love working on jigsaw puzzles. I started working on jigsaw puzzles during COVID and I haven’t stopped working on them. The puzzles I do are all 1000 piece puzzles and they are themed for the seasons and holidays. When I’ve completed them, they get glued and get put into a frame in my kitchen. The puzzles get switched out to go with seasons and holidays. Currently, there’s a winter one in the frame. Pictured below is the newest one for Spring (I just finished it) and a picture of the one I had displayed for Christmas. I enjoy this hobby very very much. I normally complete 4 a year.

IMG_2846.jpeg IMG_2847.jpeg

Jigsaw Puzzles are an enjoyable pass time for many people. Jigsaw Puzzles are also something that many people have no desire to do. Tell us where you fit into this……

(multiple choice)

For Me……I love working on jigsaw puzzles. I started working on jigsaw puzzles during COVID and I haven’t stopped working on them. The puzzles I do are all 1000 piece puzzles and they are themed for the seasons and holidays. When I’ve completed them, they get glued and get put into a frame in my kitchen. The puzzles get switched out to go with seasons and holidays. Currently, there’s a winter one in the frame. Pictured below is the newest one for Spring (I just finished it) and a picture of the one I had displayed for Christmas. I enjoy this hobby very very much. I normally complete 4 a year.

View attachment 836935 View attachment 836936
DH and I found this hobby during lockdown! We started small but now enjoy larger puzzles. We put them back into boxes and donate them. We tried to give to the assisted living one street over but they said the larger puzzles are too difficult for residents. So I listed on Nextdoor. Our favorite ones are the ones for places we’ve been by Dowdle

(multiple choice)

View attachment 836935 View attachment 836936
SLO, Did you buy a puzzle board? We invested in one so we could use our table for meals again! lol It‘s fantastic for moving it without losing any of the work. There are also 4 drawers so you can sort pieces and work in sections.

Dad and I enjoy 100 piece jigsaw puzzles. We don't have the space to work on a larger puzzle over time. I admit to probably not having the puzzle patience to do so anyway. Putting puzzles together is an extra blessing to us from God that we enjoy.

We started doing jigsaw puzzles during the Covid lockdown. We like puzzles that are either 500 or 1000 pieces. My husband and I both work on the puzzles since we are both retired and have the time for it. :) We return the puzzles to the box. We have done some of the puzzles more than once.

There are puzzles we will never do again because they were so poorly made. One of the worst puzzles was a Thomas Kincaid picture of the MK castle that we bought when we were in WDW. The pieces were poorly cut, and it was hard to tell if they really fit until you had put the adjacent pictures in place. Those puzzles get donated.

I love puzzles!

Mostly I do the 1000 piece ones, but I have a couple that are 550 or 750.

I return them to the box when done - but with the edge pieces in a baggie, so they don't have to be sorted again the next time!

I keep favorites to do again, and pass others on to friends or family members, or donate them to an annual flea market we help out with.

DH started doing puzzles several years ago. Started with the kids mickey mouse and frozen 100 - 150 piece. Moved onto 300 piece, then 500 piece. Now he does mostly 500 -750 piece. I help for a few mins here and there, when he finds he is stuck looking for THAT one piece.... My sister was in a nursing care home the last year of her life in another state. I stated sending her puzzles from amazon that was about the size of a saucer. Pictures of a cupcake or a puppy in a teacup. She could do in her room. Then she got a puzzle buddy. We sent her 300 -500 piece ones DH had completed. They would do them, glue them, and hang them in the community room at the facility.

I love puzzles!

I return them to the box when done - but with the edge pieces in a baggie, so they don't have to be sorted again the next time!

I keep favorites to do again, and pass others on to friends or family members, or donate them to an annual flea market we help out with.
DH does the same thing.

We like doing puzzles but tend to go in spurts. My 19 year old is a whiz at jigsaw puzzles and has been since she was little. She is exceptionally good at doing sections that are all the same color... and she never looks at the picture on the box. (Where I am definitely a "where's waldo" kind of puzzle-doer. I pickup a piece, find where that piece goes in the picture and then place it.)

We mainly do 1000 piece puzzles but got a 2000 piece for Christmas. We finished that and now she's working on a "3-D puzzle" but since school started again she hasn't had much time.

When we're done, we take them apart and put them back in the box to possibly do again later. (I never thought of separating the edge pieces, but that's a good idea!)

Here's the 2000 piece puzzle we did over Winter Break: 1708954302080.jpeg

Last edited:
My wife and her best friend used to be into jigsaw puzzles. Not so much anymore, because it was often at her friends house, and she no longer has the space to lay out the puzzle. They always took them apart after finishing them, no framing of them like is shown in this thread.

I love puzzles!

What a great idea to put edge pieces in a separate bag. I‘m always missing a piece or two . I sort all my pieces by colour if I can Before I start.

My daughter is really good at puzzles. I tend to stay away from a lot of sky ,water and grass unless she is home to help…lol IMG_3911.jpegIMG_3906.jpeg

I like landmarks and things I can find in the pictures

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter