slo’s MONDAY 10/30 poll - Hocus Pocus

Hocus Pocus - Have you seen it/them and what’s your opinion? (m.c.)

• I have watched Hocus Pocus

Votes: 69 70.4%
  • I have watched Hocus Pocus 2

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I have not seen them

Votes: 23 23.5%
  • I love one or both ❤️

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • I like one or both 🙂👍🏻

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I think one or both are just ok 😐

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I’ll watch one or both if I have to 😶

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I do not like one or both 🙁👎🏻

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • I’ve never heard of Hocus Pocus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
This movie has really become a cult classic. I just watched it for the first time last year, since the 2nd movie came out last year, and I was curious about it since so many people :love: it.
So I ask you….

Have you watched Hocus Pocus?
Have you watched Hocus Pocus 2?
What is your opinion of one or both?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..They are just ok (sorry Hocus Pocus lovers :duck: ). I watched the first movie again last weekend and I liked it a little more than last year. I have no desire to watch the 2nd one again. I don’t like gory Halloween movies, so Hocus Pocus is a fun Halloween movie for those that don’t want killing, gore and gruesome.

IMG_1365.jpeg

I was born and raised in Salem, MA, so for us locals, the first one is very fun since you can recognize pretty much every place they go. The first house I lived in was about 2 blocks from Max's house and less than a 5 minute walk to Pioneer Village where the witch's house and all the 1600s stuff was filmed. I thought the second one was disappointing and they filmed it in Rhode Island so it didn't have the same fun of knowing where they are.

I went to the theater back in 1993 to see the original when I was in high school. I then didn't rewatch it until last year right before the new one came out. I had forgotten how good it was. We also really enjoyed the 2nd one.

I’ve seen snips of the first one on TV, but I’ve never watched the entire movie and have not seen Hocus Pocus 2 at all.

I've always liked the original, though I am not sure why it has recently blown up in popularity so much. I mean, that's great for Disney and all, but it was never all that popular previously. I did enjoy the sequel too, more than I thought I would considering it had been so long. I do like how they incorporate a lot of it into the parks now too, like the Sanderson Sisters show as the MNSSHP.

Last edited:
I really like the first film. I like the fact that so much of it was filmed in Salem. I haven't seen Hocus Pocus 2 yet and I don't really have any interest in seeing it.

i honestly don’t understand how it became a cult classic. It was a flop when it came out. I saw it with friends and regretted it. It was heavily hyped but I don’t know anyone that saw it at that time that liked it…even friends and family with younger kids.

We actually watched it last night during ABCs airing. I do this now and then to see if something will finally click for me, but I still don’t get it. There wasn’t anything else good that was on, so no real regrets. We haven’t bothered with the second one for this reason.

I've seen the first one on Disney Channel many times growing up but IMO it's in a similar boat as something like High School Musical where you enjoy it for nostalgia and not because it's actually a good film. It's fine but not amazing or anything.

Never saw the second one and 100% forgot that existed until just now.

I’ve seen the first movie once for the first time a year or two ago. It was just okay.
But I love the Hocus Pocus stage show at Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party! I’ve seen that multiple times. :)

I was born and raised in Salem, MA, so for us locals, the first one is very fun since you can recognize pretty much every place they go. The first house I lived in was about 2 blocks from Max's house and less than a 5 minute walk to Pioneer Village where the witch's house and all the 1600s stuff was filmed. I thought the second one was disappointing and they filmed it in Rhode Island so it didn't have the same fun of knowing where they are.
Hey, neighbor! I grew up in Peabody and the first thing I did when I moved out of my mom's home was to get an apartment in Salem, on Jefferson Ave! I went to Salem State part time and also worked at Major Magleashe's for 4 years!

Regarding Hocus Pocus: I've seen it once or maybe twice, it was fine, but I have no need to see it again, or any sequels. However, I am not a big Halloween fan, so that might come into play. Didn't even buy candy for tomorrow night; we are handing out cookies and rice krispie squares.

I saw the first one numerous times as a kid and enjoyed it, but wasn't obsessed or anything. Haven't seen the sequel yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter