Votes: 62 42.5%
  • No - I never had one

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 7 4.8%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
This is being posted early due to me leaving early tomorrow morning to take DD19 to college.

Do you still have a landline at your home?

For Me…..We still do, but we are going to be getting rid of it next month. AT&T just raised it to $61.00 and that’s with no call waiting and no caller ID. It’s kinda sad to get rid of our phone number of 25 years, but saving that money just makes more sense.
68325B02-412A-4F9F-8080-A7BC0EAB0BC4.png

We have VOIP thru Ooma and it’s free. We bought the unit in 2003. its long paid for itself.

We dragged our heels for a long time before finally letting go of our landline. Got rid of it 8-10 years ago probably. Never missed it.

I always kept it for emergencies. I finally cancelled it this year. Now I just don't care, I'd rather save the money.

We have our landline, ATT POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) that's their acronym for the old type of telephone service with a wire to the house, no Internet needed. We've had it for 51 years, do not recall any outage over that time. We keep it for accurate 911 and Marie likes to talk long at times and a 'regular' phone is more comfortable for her.

Best wishes for you and Katie tomorrow, Sandy. :love: And also for Mr. Slo. And remember, tears by all are fine, actually great. :hug:'s

I voted Other. We do have a landline with the same phone number we were assigned at our new home as newlyweds. We're not presently considering getting rid of it (never have) but I also can't say we'll always have it.

We still have our landline and use it all the time. Our sons don't live around us so phone calls are our daily routine and talking on the phone for me is easier than talking on my cellphone. Of course I do love the cell phone when we occasionally Facetime. :)

Long gone a long time ago and don’t miss it - if the power goes out ( and it has ) for long period of time - guess what ? They know it’s out - if you could call they would say - working on it 🤣🤣🤣 so I’m out nothing - except money I didn’t need to spend - a phone line came with my new cable plan - I refused it - I figured why start that again ??

Good Luck tomorrow - did you rent a U-Haul or go for a semi to haul all that college stuff up there ?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 the happy sad drive - I’m so happy for Katie and I know how happy you are but also how sad - they grow up way too fast !!! New exciting adventures to begin !! Try to save the tears for the trip home !!! Big hugs !!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I’d be crying nonstop but your braver than me !!! Safe travels !!! Good Luck Katie !!! 🍀❤️

• Love
Reactions: slo
Calling tvguy (on his landline) in 3,2,1…. :teeth:

We had a landline for years as part of our internet bundle, but never used it. It was actually more expensive to drop it, so we just disconnected the landline phones.

Once we switched internet providers a year or so ago, we dropped landline coverage.

We have one, DW needed it for work. She has recently retired so we'll be saying goodbye to the landline.

When DD was a bit younger and didn’t have a cell phone yet (it was quite a few years ago when kids didn’t get them quite so young as now), it was quite the issue when she was babysitting at a house without a landline. How would she call 911? I think they should remain for safety.

We have the land line as part of our TV, internet bundle. We like it because we can use the landline phone number for all those merchants that require a phone number. That way we can reduce the amount of spam calls to our cell phones.

Calling tvguy (on his landline) in 3,2,1…. :teeth:

We had a landline for years as part of our internet bundle, but never used it. It was actually more expensive to drop it, so we just disconnected the landline phones.

Once we switched internet providers a year or so ago, we dropped landline coverage.
<<I>>wanted to namedrop tvguy!! Drats!!! You beat me to it.

We got rid of our landline about 10 years ago, soon after my mother died. She could never adapt to cell phones and hers were among the very few legitimate calls we received on our landline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter