Slight change in plans for Dec 08 WL

princessdi

LoveMeSomeWDW
My DH and DS (6) were booked for the WL-CL for 12/6-10.... but we found out last Thurs are having another child! yeah! lol Soo-- its all changed a bit- we moved it up to 9-9-13-08 for the same. Any suggestions on disney while pregnant about 4/5 mos? I plan on only not riding rollercoasters or tower of terror! Any suggestions for Sept at Disney? We have been in Aug and the heat was unbearable! Is it the same? Thankfully Disney has also been nice enough to let us exchange our Merry Christmas tickets for the Not So scary event! Still excited to go!!! Suggestions anyone?? Thanks a million!:cool1: :woohoo:

Congratulations!! That is the best reason I can think of for a change in Disney plans!

I've never been in August, but September can be very warm. Make sure to take lots of breaks, drink water, etc. Take advantage of the first aid stations if you need a cool place to sit. My cousin was suffering from some "morning sickness in the late afternoon" during our trip a few years ago. The people at the first aid stations couldn't have been nicer to all of us.

I *loved* the Not-So-Scary event when I went for the first time last year. I had no idea how much fun it would be. Make sure to take a nap before going or whatever you need to do to take advantage of as much of the evening as you can. I highly recommend going to the dance parties (there was one for Stitch last year that was hysterical) and keep an eye out for characters in costume. I wouldn't waste any time with an ADR, so I'd say eat before hand, too. The DIS usually put up copies of the guide maps and times schedules once the parties get going. Make sure to check that out before you leave so you know what to expect.

Have a wonderful trip!

Thank you for the great info!! I usually am not one to want to sit- especially at Disney- but I will probably need to when the time rolls around!

Btw- what is an ADR? Im not great with the lingo! Thanks!!

Thank you for the great info!! I usually am not one to want to sit- especially at Disney- but I will probably need to when the time rolls around!

Btw- what is an ADR? Im not great with the lingo! Thanks!!

First off....Congratulations!!!! You may already know this and have it booked as such....but are you aware that the free dining promo is going on when you're there in Sept??? I'm not sure whether or not CL rooms are included in free dining, but it never hurts to check :goodvibes. And....ADR = Advanced Dining Reservation........you will need these for any table service (TS) sit down meals you want to have (character meals, buffets, etc). Walk-ups are alot of times turned away due to the restaurants being booked........and free dining is VERY BIG time for that. Again....congrats on the future addition and have a great trip :cool1: :cool1:.

Thanks!!! I did get the free dining despite the CL room. We have never used it before and will be doing lots of research on it!

Thanks!!! I did get the free dining despite the CL room. We have never used it before and will be doing lots of research on it!

The dining plan is great (IMO) :banana: :banana:!!!! We went for free dining in Sept. 2006 (our first time trying the DDP) and went again during free dining in Sept. 2007....now we can't go to Disney without it, whether it's free or not :goodvibes. Just make sure you start calling as soon as you can to get your ADRs as it will be a busy time for all the restaurants ;). Good luck with the rest of your planning.......I'm sure you'll have a magical trip pixiedust: pixiedust:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter