Sleeps up to 4, but can accommodate 5th guest

Xalthon

Mouseketeer
Greetings,

I see that a few of the descriptions for some of the DVC resorts say, "5th guest can be accommodated, but please note that no additional bedding, linens or towels will be provided."

What does this mean? If we have a 5th guest, they will allow that person to stay, but it is up to us to figure out how and where he sleeps? So, we would have to bring something, like a sleeping bag or blow-up mattress?

Thanks!

Greetings,

I see that a few of the descriptions for some of the DVC resorts say, "5th guest can be accommodated, but please note that no additional bedding, linens or towels will be provided."

What does this mean? If we have a 5th guest, they will allow that person to stay, but it is up to us to figure out how and where he sleeps? So, we would have to bring something, like a sleeping bag or blow-up mattress?

Thanks!
That is exactly what it means. You are responsible for the towels and linens for that person. Also there will be no sleep surface. Though many do what you suggested and bring/buy an air mattress.

That is exactly what it means. You are responsible for the towels and linens for that person. Also there will be no sleep surface. Though many do what you suggested and bring/buy an air mattress.

Thanks for the confirmation!

You can purchase a towel pack from Housekeeping (call them to purchase this) for $6. Four bath towels, two hand towels, four face cloths and a tub mat. If you stay long than three nights, you need to order a second towel pack for the next four nights.

Greetings,

Thanks!
Which resorts allow this??

Ah, another renter, as an owner and dues payer I don't like a post like this. If you can't afford $6 just stay home.
Can I just say that made me do this :scared1:
And, as a side note, when we stayed at BRV and Aulani, when the kids went to the pool and would need a towel to get back to the room(because it was off season), we would make a point to walk them back down to the pool towel return thingys. This was pre-DVC(BRV&very new DVC a Time Aulani)and we didn’t know any in’s and outs of the DVC sitch yet but to us, it’s not their job to return the pool towels. I didn’t know cost, etc but it just seemed the logical thing one would do. If you borrow a tray from the food court, don’t you walk it back? Well, I’m a nerd and I do because I just don’t assume it’s other people’s jobs to do so. :confused3

Last edited:
Can I just say that made me do this :scared1:
And, as a side note, when we stayed at BRV and Aulani, when the kids went to the pool and would need a towel to get back to the room(because it was off season), we would make a point to walk them back down to the pool towel return thingys. This was pre-DVC(BRV&very new DVC a Time Aulani)and we didn’t know any in’s and outs of the show sitch yet but to us, it’s not their job to return the pool towels. I didn’t know cost, etc but it just seemed the logical thing one would do. If you borrow a tray from the food court, don’t you walk it back? Well, I’m a nerd and I do because I just don’t assume it’s other people’s jobs to do so. :confused3
There isn't any problem with using a towel to go back to your villa. It's getting a stack of clean towels and taking them to your room because the towels in your room are wet or dirty and you don't want to either launder them yourself or buy a towel pack. Use pool towels for the pool, not for the bathroom. It's the difference between a hotel and a timeshare. Nothing is free in a timeshare. The owners pay for everything. With a hotel, they just keep raising rates if the costs go up. With a timeshare, they just raise the fees owners pay if costs go up.

There isn't any problem with using a towel to go back to your villa. It's getting a stack of clean towels and taking them to your room because the towels in your room are wet or dirty and you don't want to either launder them yourself or buy a towel pack. Use pool towels for the pool, not for the bathroom. It's the difference between a hotel and a timeshare. Nothing is free in a timeshare. The owners pay for everything. With a hotel, they just keep raising rates if the costs go up. With a timeshare, they just raise the fees owners pay if costs go up.

Oh yeah, it makes total sense. That’s why I love the Dis, y’all explain things better than the guides do :teacher: But Bill’s comment made me yell “SAVAGE” in my head :teeth: which made me laugh out loud to myself :joker:

Oh yeah, it makes total sense. That’s why I love the Dis, y’all explain things better than the guides do :teacher: But Bill’s comment made me yell “SAVAGE” in my head :teeth: which made me laugh out loud to myself :joker:
Yeah, BillPA and I (and my Bill) are long time DVC members who hate for the kids to waste our money and play on our lawns.

Must be new owner since you don't understand the process.

But to be perfectly clear and serious now, I've always had plenty of towels in my room and we reuse them until they are changed. Sometimes housekeeping even leaves extra. I will, however, take the pool towel I'm wrapped in back to my room and that gets whisked away by housekeeping.

And back the original post, do people get twin size air mattresses? Trying to wrap my head around where to stash that in a DS? And I’d be upset if I was the sucker in a sleeping bag/air mattress :mad: but I guess if it’s college age kids that are used to crashing anywhere that’s flat :teeth:

And back the original post, do people get twin size air mattresses? Trying to wrap my head around where to stash that in a DS? And I’d be upset if I was the sucker in a sleeping bag/air mattress :mad: but I guess if it’s college age kids that are used to crashing anywhere that’s flat :teeth:
Yes, bring an air mattress and linens for it. Unless they don't mind just sleeping right on the air mattress. You could either let the air out each day or stand it up on its side between the sofa and the curtain. If they want a real mattress, you'll need a two bedroom or a one bedroom at OKW, AKV or BLT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter