Sleeping In!!!!!!!!!!!

vjc715

Mouseketeer
First let me start off by saying I'm NOT an early morning person. Therefore, just the thought of waking up early on vacation just makes me cringe!

At any rate....we are going to WDW Dec 3-10th. Will it make that big of a difference if I make PS for around 8:30am each morning and THEN get to the parks? Especially since the crowds are supposed to be less............

Thank you!

Just because you're not a morning person at home doesn't mean you'll not be a morning person at Disney. In the summer I woke up every morning at 11:30. When I was at WDW I was the first one up at 6:30 a.m. To answer your question - I don't think 8:30 will be too late, but I wouldn't make it any later than 8:30.

I am but the rest of the family is not morning people (even in WDW). I think 8:30am is fine. If you dont need a big breakfast every morning maybe just grab a quick bite at a food court and you could still get into the parks fairly early. Enjoy your trip!

I am FAR from a morning person, believe me! And DH? Forget it - he'd sleep 16 hours a day if I'd let him! That said, we very rarely, if ever, get out of the room before 8:30. It's usually sometime around 9:30, if we're lucky. Some say you simply HAVE to be at a park for its opening, but to me, that's just not vacation. I'd rather miss out on a few attractions & be forced to go back again than wake up cranky & miserable & wanting nothing more than my bed by 2 pm! :)

You're also going at a wonderful time of year! The year we visited in the first two weeks of December was the least crowded trip we've experienced. Look at it this way - no matter how early you get up in the morning, it's virtually impossible to see everything WDW has to offer in one trip, so why stress yourself? See what you can & relax a little bit, too - absolutely nothing wrong with that!

Have fun! :wave:

Since this is not your first visit you already have some ideas of what you really want to do, the only thing I can add is that since it is a less crowded time of the year some of the parks close early. Like MK will close early especially on the nights when MVMCP is running and the AK usually closes around 5pm at that time of the year. EPCOT stays the same and I think MGM does also. With a PS for breakfast at 8:30 am that means you probably will not get to the parks until about 10 or after. So I think that once you know the hours of the parks you maybe able to adjust your wake up times to that. But I am like you when I am on vacation I like to sleep in a little, but sometimes find it difficult at WDW since it seems everyone is up early to hit the parks! It is a beautiful time of the year at the world!

In the past few years, we have stopped getting up early. You know, WDW isn't going to sink into the swamp.:D We would rather relax a bit then rush around in the morning.

You all may laugh, but when we make a breakfast PS, it is usually around 10. We don't go during the busy season. We mosey around the parks, use fast pass for our favorite rides, and do alot of people watching. This works for us!:D

The secret is to plan a few days after vacation to catch up on the sleep lost at WDW. This is how I survive those horrible early mornings...

This tread makes me think of my sister. She is not a morning person either. Everytime we have gone on vacation together, she claims if she gets up early (before 8:00 am) she will get sick. So we always have to wait for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter