Sleeping arrangements with a 2-year old

emmymac17

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip with our almost 2-year old - staying in a DVC studio at the Poly. Wondering if anyone had any advice on sleeping arrangements. We haven't traveled as much as we usual do due to the pandemic and last time we had her in a pack and play (Sept 2020) she was very close to being able to climb out - I'm sure she will be able to now...She's still in a crib at home and wondering if you all had any recommendations for sleeping arrangements - i've been looking into a travel bed rail to put on the small murphy bed in the studio - we are flying so ideally something collapsible that can be packed in our luggage. Any other thoughts or tips much appreciated!

Have you considered renting a crib? We took my daughter at 22 months and she did great in the crib since it's what she was used to.

We went in 2019 over thanksgiving and stayed in a studio at BWV. We placed my 18 month old in the Murphy bed and put pillows up to keep her from falling out. She slept fine and had no issues.

When we travel DS 2 sleeps with me in one beds & DH sleeps in the other bed. Disney has bed rails you can ask for.

We used a travel railing that we ordered on Amazon when our kids were that little. The little one slept in one bed with a parent with the railing on their side.
The other parent slept on the other bed. Since the studio room at the poly has the murphy bed - your little one could sleep on that with the railing and be protected while you sleep in the queen bed.
The only problem might be if they are scared to sleep in a bed alone - that was an issue with my youngest for about a month when we transitioned her from the crib to a bed. So you may want to start doing that sooner rather than later if that is the route you want to go.

She can sleep just fine on the pull down bed. It is very low to the ground if by chance she fell out. We would always just put our kids in the other queen sized bed when they were little. Never had any issues with them falling out of bed. You can throw a couple pillows on the ground in case she falls.

We used Disney-provided bedrails when my son was 2 (almost 3). He slept in a queen bed by himself. It worked fine.

If she can sleep on the bed and it's more concern of her rolling out, a great tip we used when travelling was to roll towels and place them under the bottom sheet. It created a bump she would roll into and stopped her from going further. Doesn't work for 'climbers' but works great for those who normally use a bed rail.

I also requested a bed rail when she was younger and that was an option too.

We went when my son was 23 months, and we stayed in a Little Mermaid room at AoA.
At that time, they had two full size beds in the LM rooms. Dh had a bed to himself since he's a big guy. Since 23-month-old was still nursing, he slept with me. Dd slept on an air mattress between the two beds. We leaned it against the wall when we got up in the morning so that it wouldn't be in the way of mousekeeping.

If you are going to use a bed, and not rent a crib, try a bed at home before going! The strangeness of not being in a crib may be overwhelming.

We are here right now with an almost 2 year old. We stayed in a DVC studio the first two night and requested a pack and play... she HATED it! Worst nights sleep for all of us. We moved to a DVC 1 bedroom (previously planned, nor because of any issues) and requested a crib (metal bars and just slightly smaller than a standard crib) and she is sleeping great. The crib takes up a little bit more room but it’s worth it for good sleep.

Pack and plays and cribs are no charge, just call housekeeping and request when you get in your room. They set it up for us and everything.

We are here right now with an almost 2 year old. We stayed in a DVC studio the first two night and requested a pack and play... she HATED it! Worst nights sleep for all of us. We moved to a DVC 1 bedroom (previously planned, nor because of any issues) and requested a crib (metal bars and just slightly smaller than a standard crib) and she is sleeping great. The crib takes up a little bit more room but it’s worth it for good sleep.

Pack and plays and cribs are no charge, just call housekeeping and request when you get in your room. They set it up for us and everything.
Housekeeping had cribs available for you to use? I’ve been curious about this but was told by member services that there are pack and plays in each room, made it seem like cribs weren’t an option so this is great to hear!

Housekeeping had cribs available for you to use? I’ve been curious about this but was told by member services that there are pack and plays in each room, made it seem like cribs weren’t an option so this is great to hear!
there are some first come first served. can not be reserved and from what I have seen there are not many

There are quite a few rental companies that you can rent a crib for $200 or less for the week.

We got a crib during our stay in 2019 at Poly. When I called to ask for a pack and play at WL they asking if I wanted a pack and play or crib (I chose pack and play and I chose wrong 😆). Called at Riviera and got a crib and a high chair for our room (game changer for breakfast in the room). It might depend on the resort but Disney never made it an issue when we asked for crib.

DS never tolerated a pack-n-play when he was younger even as a baby.

Last edited:
We got a crib during our stay in 2019 at Poly. When I called to ask for a pack and play at WL they asking if I wanted a pack and play or crib (I chose pack and play and I chose wrong 😆). Called at Riviera and got a crib and a high chair for our room (game changer for breakfast in the room). It might depend on the resort but Disney never made it an issue when we asked for crib.
You called housekeeping to get both of these things? Glad to know riviera has some!!

do they give you sheets and blankets to use with the crib?

You called housekeeping to get both of these things? Glad to know riviera has some!!

do they give you sheets and blankets to use with the crib?

Yes, they bring the sheets for the pack and plays and crib. I would bring a blanket from home though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter