• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Skip one park

brittanyolee

Earning My Ears
I have two girls which will be celebrating 3rd and 5th birthdays on the trip to DW come Dec. 2016. We have 4 park days with hoppers.i would love to get to spend 3 days in MK. We will be arriving at DW on a Friday(disney springs day).Park days Saturday-Tuesday. We will be staying in Port Orleans until Wednesday so we arent in a rush to leave the park our last day to get out. If you had to skip one park with princess loving little girls which would it be.

Given they love princesses, probably HS. There are meet and greets around WS in Epcot, though not a lot of princesses there are a few and who wouldn't want to meet Mary Poppins and Alice and Wonderland? AK is not heavy on princesses but if your girls love animals, it can't be missed. If you have hoppers you could certainly do AK in the morning and hop over to HS in the afternoon if you wanted but there is probably not much draw for little girls. Personally, HS and Epcot have always been our favorite parks but I have a son who grew up going to WDW and is now an adult so those parks are more of a draw for us.

The draw to HS was the fantasmic show and Minnie's Holiday and dine. Frozen will be opening in Epcot and we have frozen fever. And the girls do love Animals but is the safari worth a park day when we have travel to many many zoos? Oh the questions!

The draw to HS was the fantasmic show and Minnie's Holiday and dine. Frozen will be opening in Epcot and we have frozen fever. And the girls do love Animals but is the safari worth a park day when we have travel to many many zoos? Oh the questions!

In that's case, skip AK. For me, the big draws at AK are Everest, Dinosaur, and the gorillas. If they wouldn't mind missing that, you can certainly pass on AK.

I would also skip HS if I had to skip one park, because too much of it is closed and there's less to do there right now. AK is way more than a zoo, so I wouldn't even compare with that. Take your girls to meet Pocahontas. I am also eager to try Minnie's seasonal meals at H&V. For your situation, maybe you can do HS just for an evening, to do your dinner and Fantasmic, and that would leave you more time for the other three parks.

I am willing to bet that almost everyone here will have a different opinion about "which park to skip", however given that you have Park Hoppers, I don't think you really need to skip any. There is likely something that your girls will enjoy at each park. The Beauty and the Beast show at HS should delight. AK is just a joy in so many ways (even princesses love animals!), and certainly you will find lots of princesses in the World Showcase part of Epcot. So maybe make time on your MK days to pop into the other parks either in the evenings or first thing in the morning.

Based on what you're saying, I would skip AK if you had to skip one. With three days at MK, I do agree that you will want to cut at least one out even though you have hoppers. Especially if you spend time at zoos during the year as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter