Skin care & Makeup: Origins vs. Bare Escentuals

Sammy

DIS Veteran
Finally looking into changing my skincare and makeup products after probably 20 years of using the same stuff. My DD-20 loves Origins products, and I hear a lot about the Bare Escentuals/Minerals. I have "mature" :rotfl: skin at 45 years old, but still have the dreaded combination: oily "T" zone with dryer cheeks.

Anyone have an opinion about one brand vs. the other?

TIA!

Sammy

I've never tried Origins, but I much prefer Everyday Minerals to Bare Escentuals. BE made my skin look shiny and oily and made my skin itch whenever I went out in the sun. EM is so much better, IMO, and cheaper as well. I also love their eyeshadows and brushes. I tend to have allergies to eyemakeup (especially purples), and so far I've been able to wear all of the EM shadows I've tried.

I prefer the powder because it doesn't lay in the fine lines which makes them look like wrinkles in a few hours. Liquid foundation does make skin look flawless at first but over a few hours it gets really bad on a majority of women making laugh lines and crows feet even more noticeable than before. I started to notice this a few years ago at the kids sports events once my DH brought it to my attention. He's the one who pointed out how much older makeup made me and my friends look and I realized what was going on once I started to pay attention.

After experimenting I discovered the best way to deal with my 40 year old skin is to use a dab of concealer on a q tip to cover a few imperfections then dust with Bare Minerals avoiding the crease spots as much as possible. Less is more around the eyes and mouth so now I pretty much skip eye shadow and go for liner and mascara instead.

I know everyone has their own taste about this but I really don't know many women who can do things they way they did when they were young with the same results now.

Thanks for the info so far.

KimR: I had no idea that Bare Minerals was a separate product; I thought it was all the same stuff. I've never seen it in the stores...is it online only? If so, how do you know what to purchase or even what color if you can't try it out in person?

LuvOrlando: Thanks for the tips...I wish I COULD do it all the same as when I was 20. Much cheaper when you could just buy stuff at the drugstore!!

Thanks for the info so far.

KimR: I had no idea that Bare Minerals was a separate product; I thought it was all the same stuff. I've never seen it in the stores...is it online only? If so, how do you know what to purchase or even what color if you can't try it out in person?

Bare Minerals and Bare Escentuals are the one and the same. Everyday Minerals is a different brand entirely and cannot be found in stores. You can order online at www.everydayminerals.com

The downside is color matching; however the descriptions are very helpful and you can also order free samples if you are a new customer. Maybe I was just lucky, but I was able to pick the perfect match for my coloring on the first try. Also, mineral makeup mixes very well so even if you are off a little you can probably blend it with another shade to get a good match.

Everyday Minerals is different from Bare Minerals (Bare Escentuals).

Bare Minerals does now make a matte powder which I'm like on my 45yo combination skin better than the old formula.

I've used a few Origins products and liked them well enough but I LOVE BE.

When I want to use a "liquid" type foundation I use the tinted Aveeno Positively radiant moisturizer. It is sheer and nice, imho.

Good luck!

I am 57 and have used Lancome for years. Lately I have not been happy with the results and decided I needed to try something else. I decided to give Bare Minerals a try. I got the matte spf 15 foundation. It came in a container that dispenses just a small amount of the product and included the kabuki brush. I got medium beige. I love it! It took a little getting used to because I went from using a liquid foundation to this but it looks very natural! I am ready to try more of this line.:thumbsup2

TC:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter