Size of Pack n' Play

DCCHughes

Earning My Ears
We're traveling with our 2.5 year old son in September. I know that the cribs provided for the staterooms are Pack n' Plays, but are they the full size version or the mini crib version? I seem to remember the one we had previously being smaller than his usual PNP at home. I'm trying to order a thicker mattress or some other padding to improve his comfort level in the PNP, which will probably be a little cramped for him. For background, he still fits fine in a regular PNP. Plus, we don't want to rely on the foldout bed with a rail unless necessary since he's still in a crib at home and I'm not convinced he'll stay put if we try to have him sleep in the sofa bed with a rail.
TIA!
Christina H.

They are stanard pack and plays as far as I can tell, same as you see in the resorts, and the come with cute removable Disney covers for sanitary reasons. Our little guy did his first big boy bed on a Disney Cruise. Turned out fine. He wasn't much of a mover in his sleep though. I fear my daughter will need to be strapped in as she moves nearly as often as a second hand on the clock.

If you are thinking about using a side rail, go to guest services early and request one. There are a limited number of them.

If you are thinking about using a side rail, go to guest services early and request one. There are a limited number of them.

Or better yet, OP can request it now under special requests when you view your reservation on the official website. Did it myself already for our kid who will be 2.5 when we sail.

Thanks everyone.

So, two things. First, I've now confirmed my recollection that the PNPs on the ship are the mini crib, not a standard size PNP. And I've also determined that my son had a growth spurt and is over three feet tall. So no DCL-provided PNP for us. :(

I've already requested the rails. Now I'm trying to decide if I feel like I need to bring a cot or blowup mattress, or even our standard PNP from home. I think he'll be okay in the bed for nights, but naps are going to get interesting. He sleeps on a cot at daycare, but he's not quite as motivated to get up and move around there.

Ah the joys of traveling with small children.

I’ve cruised with littles many times and the PNP provided is the same size as my regular PNP at home - which is the standard Graco, etc size. We have a mattress topper that fits it which we have also used on the DCL provided one.

Calling Guest Services may yield different results but currently you cannot request a bedrail online for a child who will be under three at sailing. That’s been my experience at least.

I’ve cruised with littles many times and the PNP provided is the same size as my regular PNP at home - which is the standard Graco, etc size. We have a mattress topper that fits it which we have also used on the DCL provided one.

Calling Guest Services may yield different results but currently you cannot request a bedrail online for a child who will be under three at sailing. That’s been my experience at least.
Here's a couple of photos of the pack n play (looks full sized to me)

So I decided to try to get the information directly from DCL. It has not been my experience in the past that the customer service reps available by phone are that helpful, though they are certainly very nice. I was absolutely blown away when the rep was able to provide me with the exact dimensions of the pack n' play. Apparently my memory is faulty because the PNPs provided are indeed full size. Thanks to everyone for weighing in. This information makes planning for naps and bedtime on the cruise so much easier.
Christina

Yes, you are correct about the size of the PNP. However, you can request bedrails online/through customer service prior to sailing and no one questioned my son's age. Could be a case-by-case thing, depending on who you get on the phone.

Christina

Thanks everyone.

So, two things. First, I've now confirmed my recollection that the PNPs on the ship are the mini crib, not a standard size PNP. And I've also determined that my son had a growth spurt and is over three feet tall. So no DCL-provided PNP for us. :(

I've already requested the rails. Now I'm trying to decide if I feel like I need to bring a cot or blowup mattress, or even our standard PNP from home. I think he'll be okay in the bed for nights, but naps are going to get interesting. He sleeps on a cot at daycare, but he's not quite as motivated to get up and move around there.

Ah the joys of traveling with small children.

On the plus side, the couch is not that high off the ground... Just don’t let him know the bunk is there.

Yes, you are correct about the size of the PNP. However, you can request bedrails online/through customer service prior to sailing and no one questioned my son's age. Could be a case-by-case thing, depending on who you get on the phone.

Christina

As I mentioned in my previous post, it may be possible on the phone, but not online. For my upcoming reservation I have a two year old and four year old in my cabin, and this is the message I get online with the ages noted...I can’t select it for my younger child.

Attachments

• 02B8AA06-27FD-4FBA-95D5-D58C1327E06B.jpeg
    02B8AA06-27FD-4FBA-95D5-D58C1327E06B.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 19
You should call them or chat with them. My DD slept in the lower bed at 18m and we had rails for both beds. She doesn't really move when she sleeps so it was really easy and much much better than having a PnP taking up the limited floor space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!