Sirenia88's "Didn't you read the Forum title" live TR

sirenia88

You are a Toy car!
Well... The time is upon us. Another trip report for my peoples of the Camping forum. The family and I will not be at the fort this time. Why you ask? It's because I participate on this page. As I say, it might not be the Fort but it is WDW.

Coming April 12th...

Have a safe trip. Remember what we discussed about I-4, and the 528. And most of all have a great time in that 3 acre pool. :beach:

10-4 Snow medic. As you can see, I got some extra time out of this one. I told my boss I wanted Thursday off too! LOL

Current plan is Cape Canaveral area for a couple of days. Crystal River for a couple of days. The Yacht Club for a few days. Then homeward bound. We have a few fun items on this trip planned for everyone in the group. More to come...

Cape Canaveral was nice, we enjoyed the KSC tour while there last year. Would have liked to catch a launch, but maybe one day.

We decided not to visit KSC. It's pretty expensive for the 3 of us. My DW is not a space nut. My DD has some interest in space but I didn't see any tech stuff for her to interactive with. I doubt she would have the same interest as I would with old space missions. Simply put. It's pretty pricey to find out my DD is not going to be interested and since the visitor's center is an all day affair plus you have to pay for addition tours, made us think twice about going. DW and I went there years ago. She was ok with it as I was getting all gitty about the rockets and early manned missions. Sorta of the role reversal of the wildlife stuff. Personally I wish The Smithsonian would take over KSC VC and make it what it should be... Free to the public and donations.

Here are the headlines for this evening....

We went single digits on Saturday!

The DGPs took the DD over night on Saturday and a friend of the DD wanted to have a sleep over on Friday. So there was a whole weekend of trip planning, packing and chaotic last minute item finding.

Saturday... I had several errands to to handle. Once I got home, I helped with some of the packing. PLus since we are going to the beach, I needed to find the umbrella. Good thing I opened it since it had a bent bottom pole. Luckily there was stainless steel pole in my basement that happened to be the right diameter. Within 30 minutes, a new base pole was created and working with the top of the umbrella. The DW had a list of items we needed to get for the trip like snacks for the ride, etc. Since Kohl's had some crazy sale my feet were treated to a new pair of walking sneakers. Then to a nice dinner in which the DW " it shouldn't cost us XX amount to eat to night" Guess what it did! But we had time to talk more about the trip. The packing continued when we got home. I have all the apps on the phones for fuel and lodging. I mirrored our phones so we can just grab either one and do what we needed to do when the other is driving.

Sunday... We performed a trial packing run. The bags that DW packed did not fit as well as expected. When we were buying the car, one of the things I did was drive it home and try to fit our bags in the truck which they did. However, they were not as filled as they were now. So after some brief discussion (or another word that begins with a D) I stated that we should try a different container method of transporting clothing for the trip. I simply suggested the use of a duffle bag we had for ages and has worked in multiple trips and the like. Within some disagreement from the DW, she repacked. Magically the truck had more space and was able to fit everything we need with room to spare. Once that was done, we both had to attend to other matters. When we got back to the house, I said we should have the car service prior to the trip. Off to the local Walmart for an oil change and tire rotation. When I did the math, it was about 15 bucks more than if I did it. We shopped while waiting for the vehicle to be completed. DD got some new sheets for her bed. Tsums Tsums. She is crazy about them. So when she came home this evening, she went nuts seeing the new sheets. A couple of final items for the trip where purchased.

The main event of the day was finding the camera that is a go to item while at the parks. We have a small Nikon point and shoot waterproof shock proof camera. It's great for water parks, pools, the ocean. Plus it is shock proof from stand drops heights. Yes it works. Well we have not seen the camera in a while. We torn the house apart to find it. We finally found it hours later. In a bag that my DW was using a while back. She said she must have placed it in there and forgot about it. Ugh! However, the camera back is officially packed. It is the only other piece of the puzzle. All that is left is the cooler bag for the trip.

Trip planning...

We are planning to leave Wednesday evening. Probably around 7 or 8 PM. Our intentions are to get below DC on the first leg. That has always been our goal. However, I have considered driving through the night depending on my state of mind, energy levels, and of course the drink of the gods themselves, Red Bull. I told the dear DW that if I did the math right, I could see us potentially pulling into Cocoa Beach area around noon the following day. However, with the car it should be much easier as we can take the shorter routes (i.e. no belt ways around Baltimore due to the trailer) Plus the travel much faster due to lack of trailer. When in tow, I usually go not more that 67 MPH. For safety and gas mileage reasons. Most of the time, I'm in the 60-62 MPH range. With the car, 75-80 MPH range will be the norm. Given our projected fuel economy too, the rest stops will be few and far between. We are expecting a comfortable 600+ mile range on a fuel run versus 260 mile range with truck and trailer. During a recent short all highway trip of about 45 miles, the DW average just over 50 MPG with a fast right foot. In the end, we agreed to drive to 1/4 tank or a certain stop point to determine the first night. She gently put it, we are not pressed for time going down.

Wednesday cannot come fast enough. With the amount of planning and resources involved with this trip, our goal is to see the reaction of our DD light up more profoundly than Wishes fireworks! ;)

and try to fit our bags in the truck which they did.

Your bags will always fit in your Truck. :rolleyes: Getting past D.C. is what we always try to accomplish at night usually around midnight, that way if I do get tired, very rarely, we wouldn't have to worry about fighting that mess, not very concerned about Richmond, we go straight through in stead of taking the bypass. Have fun planning, I still have a ways to go. Drive safe and have fun. :thumbsup2

Haha nice catch snow medic. Oh I know the bags will fit in the truck but we need them to fit in the car's trunk LOL Well the load out was success. We got everything in with a bit of room to spare which is nice for the items that come back. However, the DD did notice a couple of things out of place in her room. Ruh roo...

Hello from the road! We got on the road last night around 7PM. We gave the DD a surprise when we picked her up from her after school activities. We had some food prepped in the car. We got to Fredericksburg, VA before we stopped for the night. It was Midnight and she was looking for a bed. So we called it a day.

Right now we are just about to head into NC. I figured we will be out first true hotel stay by 9 PM for hopefully a few minutes of pool time.

More to come...

Must be nice to get to Fredericksburg in 5 hrs. It takes me 11 hrs. to get that far. How's the MPG on the new ride? Getting the distance you thought you would? Have a great trip, and drive safe, especially around South of Border.

Rolled into Cocoa Beach at 10:15 PM. What at great ride coming down. There were a couple of minor accidents coming down slowing the progress. We had 2 food breaks plus 2 leg stretch/ bathroom breaks.

Right now I'm enjoying our balcony view of cocoa beach and the ocean with a nice breeze. Going to get some grub. Then decide today's adventure.

I know I know. Photos or it didn't happen. More of that later. I need to edit them for the site.

Right now I'm enjoying our balcony view of cocoa beach and the ocean with a nice breeze.

Where are you staying at in Cocoa? The Holiday Inn at the Port has a real nice ( for a hotel ) waterpark, with slides, lazy river, and a huge pool. They have 2 buildings, the main building somewhat inland and then another on the beach. It use to be ( not sure if still is since Holiday Inn owns it now ) Ron Jon's time share property, which we bought into many moon ago, and got out of just as fast.

Still running on Mobile. Hence the semi proper grammar. Even that takes a vacation. Friday was not good but great. We wound up going to cape Canaveral national seashore Apollo or north side. DAD participated in the junior ranger program. We hung out on the beach for about an hour or so.

Headed back to the hotel. Got some grub at a place @snowmedic recommended. Then found a mini golf place with live Gators as the tourist trap. Had a blast. Came back to the hotel and took a sip in the pool.

@snowmedic , not the Holiday inn. We stayed at the Hampton inn down the road. The hotel next to Ron Jon's is the Sheraton which we tried to book but it was full. I think because of a surfing competition this weekend.

More to come...

Good to here you are having fun. I got your text, hope the restaurant was not a disappointment for you. We really like the food, we go there at least twice during our stay, and kids under 12 eat free off the kids menu, so kind of a good deal.

Hello Disboarders!!!

I am currently sitting in my room at 4 PM. It's nothing bad just taking a break from the last few hours of Epcot. At it has always been looked at, vacation first, you guys a close second :D

Alright here is goes...

Saturday,

DD went on a Surfin' Sarfari. Of course the day we chose, there was a rip current advisory and strong surf advisory. However, the instructor went over safety instruction as well doing the surfing thing. We walked down to the beach for her lesson. She had blast in the ocean. We got something eat. Mind, body, vehicle and wallet fueled up. We told our DD that we were not going home. We were going to Crystal River for swimming with the manatees. Once we got to the hotel, we went out and about to check on the local area and used the hotel's recommendations for a place to eat.

More to come as we are about to head to the pool....

I was thinking about T and her surfing over the weekend and watching the weather channel with the rip current advisory. How was the swimming with manatees? We are looking to go to Clearwater Aquarium so Savannah can see Winter on our next trip down. Glad your still having a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter