Single Park Tkt or Hopper Pass on day b4 Cruise

JLDSMD

Platinum Castaway Club
We are cruising the last full week in Jan '05 on the 7 Day Magic cruise. We are flying in Thur night and are planning on going to WDW on Friday.

We were thinking of going to MK and then to DT Disney or Westside for dinner if the park closes at 6:00. We were just to WDW last Oct and DS missed some rides (only 39.5 inches). The other park he loved was Blizzard Beach, but it will probably be a little chilly for a waterpark in Jan. It will be just before his 5th BDay, so I don't think we'd do more than one park.

Would people recommend just getting a single park ticket or a park hopper?

I know the hoppers never expire, but we may not be get back to FL any time soon for a brief trip if DW gets seasick on the cruise (she'll never go again). We are planning on going back for another full week just b4 DS turns 9, but we'd book a package for that.

Thanks.

JLDSMD, if you're really certain that you won't EVER need any additional days a hopper would give you (or if you want to save some money), go with single park tickets on the day you're there.

Does DW have motion sickness meds already lined up that work for her? If not, she should start checking out her options. A lot of the meds will make people feel sleepy (very sleepy). You will want to get some of the meds to see how the side effect effect her. You have time to get started, and do a good job of it. If she has to get meds from the Doctor, they have side effects too. Be sure to check them out. Cruises are way to much fun to be sick through, and you WILL want to cruise again!!

I'd buy park hoppers. You are right that they never expire. Technically, they are for the use of one person, and in FL, it is illegal to sell unused days/parts of tickets.

However, I have a good friend who had a couple days left on multi-day tickets she'd bought when she took her kids. SHe used the tickets when she took her grandchildren! They are not fingerprinted or otherwise tagged to one person, so could be given to a cousin or whoever to use if you decide not to return to WDW.

Is there a reason you are concerned about motion sickness for this child? If so, there are lots of things that can be done. Consult your pediatrician in advance, consider sea bands, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter