Single parent unfriendly rides??

madmumof2

DIS Veteran
Just posted this in the Solo traveller bit, but this bit is my main hang out so I thought I'd post it here too lol.

Hi, I'm going back to the World next thursday (woop!) and wanted to check a few things about the rides.

I have a 6 and 3 year old and I'll be the only adult. Assuming they meet the height restrictions, what rides can we go on where I don't need to leave one on their own?

The Haunted Mansion for example...I don't like the idea of my eldest sat on his own when it's dark, can we call sit together?

I know the toy story ride is supposed to be a 2 seater ride too but would they let us all squeeze onto one bench? Otherwise my eldest will be behind me and I won't be able to see him. Not as bad on rides like that though at least he won't get scared lol.

Any rides I should avoid?

Thanks!

hey Gem,

I think that Disney are quite accomodating when it comes to this kind of thing and if it is safe to squeeze you in then they will, I think the Haunted Mansion will be fine.

I doubt that you will be able to get three in a row on Toy Story though just because they are two seats per car and I wouldn't have thought that they will let you on that kind of scenario.

The Nemo ride in the Living Seas you will fit 3 on too.

How tall is your 3 year old? As you and you Son may be able to do a lot more than her because of heigh restrictions but you won't be allowed to leave her anywhere while you ride, if you know what I mean?

Gems :goodvibes

When we were there we saw a cm go round with a little one *** the mom was on her own with 2 kids - that was tsm but im sure if you ask they probably do this on most rides !!!

Most rides will fit an adult plus 2 kids. Things like TSM and buzz the problem will be you only get 2 'weapons' per car so someone will miss out.

I can't think of anything except Goofys Barnstormer, Dumbo & Astro orbitors where it may be tight fit for 3 but I would think your 6 year old will be ok on his own on these.

Thanks everyone!

My 3 year old is 1cm away from 40"!! So frustrating but she may get away with a few rides. I'd never take her on one I thought a height limit would actually matter obviously, but sit down rides I'm hoping she'll be able to get on lol.

We thought the same Gem,until the guy in Universal measured our DD and insisted she wasn't 42inch!! this was for Men in Black she wasn't allowed to ride..Yet she rode Plutos barge ride etc for 42inch..however they did measure her very keenly.
I found they did this quite alot..HOPEFULLY Alyssa will grow that little bit more before you go *fingers crossed* :goodvibes

Not long now :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

You will be fine on TSM - we did it in August - me, DH and DD(4) - it just meant that she had to share one of the shooters which wasn't a problem.

If the worst comes to the worst, you can always get the two kids together and you sit in front/behind. That way the little ones will never be alone on a ride. For the most part though, you will easily fit the three of you in. I am a single parent and my seven year old and I fit into all the rides together with space left over, ample to accommodate a second child if need be. Also if you think of it, two parents with one child often have a similar predicament. It is common to see two parents with their little one between them on rides. In other words if you can squeeze two big people and a little one, you can certainly fit in two little ones and a parent. Have fun. I am having Disney withdrawal at the moment. So I have to get high on everyone else's excitement for the minute. Hope it is the BEST HOLIDAY YOU HAVE EVER HAD!! :dance3::cheer2: Take loads of pictures!

I have also seen the CM both at Universal and WDW ride around with the 2nd child if needed.

Thanks everyone!

My 3 year old is 1cm away from 40"!! So frustrating but she may get away with a few rides. I'd never take her on one I thought a height limit would actually matter obviously, but sit down rides I'm hoping she'll be able to get on lol.
Be warned Disney are VERY strict on their height restrictions. I have also seen reports on the theme park board saying that the height measures are slightly over the quoted height and somee peoples just 40" children not getting on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter