Single Golfers

ballgame

Disney Solo Freak
Hi,

I have a question RE: Golf at WDW. I've just recently decided that I am going to bring my clubs down for my trip July 19 - August 2 and play a couple of rounds. I will be a single player. I just have a couple of questions...

1. How easy (or hard) will it be for me to get a tee time on such short notice, being a single player. I'd always start after 10AM and in some cases play late afternoon. I'm looking to play the Palm, Magnolia, Eagle Pines, LBV, and maybe Oak Trail.
2. Does the AP discount apply to all greens fees (like the price slice and twilight fees) or just the higher standard rates?
3. Is there any chance that I could get out by myself? Has anyone been able to do so?
4. Assuming the answer to number 3 is no, how understanding are other golfers when a single is paired with them (I am still basically a beginner, although improving quickly.

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Try the following link; it seems to provide details: http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/golfrates.html

We are going in Feb. to play golf and have similar questions. I think the best bet is to call and ask. I have heard that if it is not crowded, you can play alone. Let me know if you get answers to any of your inquiries.

I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

I too will be playing solo (my DF doesn't play golf). My big concern is I'm going the week before the PGA tourney, so I don't want to get paired with people who are way above my skill level. Not sure I want to play solo either...

Also how are the driving ranges and range ball rental costs?

Any advice?

I played 9-holes on Oak Trail as a solo in March - they let me go by myself. Another solo player caught up with me after 7 holes and we finished up together. I don't mind playing by myself, it's so peaceful on the course. I still consider myself a beginner - I have a 28 Ladies handicap.

I am scheduling a tee time, in the afternoon, on Eagle Pines on October 22, 2002. Not sure if I will be paired. In the past when my sister has joined me, we have been paired and have found everyone to be very nice and relaxed - no intimidation at all for me. I may not be a pro, but I know the etiquete and play fast. Everyone appreciates that :D :D

Since this will be the only day I'm making a tee time (I will be attending the WDW Classic on Sunday as a spectator), I am going to rent clubs from Disney instead of bringing my own.

If any other solos would like to join me on the course in Oct., just pm me. I'm making my tee time this Tuesday and will let Disney know I'm a beginner - perhaps they can mark that in the system in case they pair me. Either way, I'm looking forward to it - I have developed an addiction to golf :D

Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter