Simba's Clubhouse

Original19

Mouseketeer
My wife and I will be going on the Wanyama Safari during our upcoming vacation and we will be leaving our children (ages 10 and 5) at Simba's Clubhouse.

I know Disney and quality are synonymous but I'm still a little concerned. :worried: Has anyone used this service before? How's the staff? How did the kids seem to like it? What can you tell me that isn't already on the information pages? Thanks!

Our DS will be going to Simba's Cubhouse on our trip in October...I'll be sure to report back!

My kids are now 9 & 13 so my oldest has aged out of the Disney kid clubs and dh & I are very sad about that! :( The only two clubs they went to were Simba's Cubhouse and The Neverland Club and they loved them both. The staff at both were very friendly and professional and we never had any issues. Some times the kids didn't want to leave!

As our son got older he would bring his game boy with him but we did find out that he also played around with some of the other kids his age.

Go out and have a great time and enjoy yourself before they age out and you miss your opportunity for some alone time at Disney! :)

Jill

We used Simba's Cubhouse once - DD was 4 and DS was 6. DD loved it! The ladies working there were super. DS was bored a bit (the gameboy is a good idea). I do trust them - they get dinner and are watched over. They stay in the same room the whole time, so it's safe.

Now my kids are older (9 and 11) so honestly if it's just a little time, they can stay in the room for a little while alone. DS has a cell phone, and they stay at home alone if we go out to eat closeby (in our state the legal age is 8, but that is a bit young, so we waited a little longer).

Now also that they're older, they really want to be with us even for a nice dinner out anyway, but yes, you'll be fine with Simba's Cubhouse!!!!!!!!! Oh, it isn't cheap, but it is vacation - don't let that stop you!

DD6 just stayed there 2 weeks ago for a few hours.

They have a schedule - dinner is served 5-7:30 or something, and the kids get to pick from kid-friendly foods (pizza, nuggets, burger, cheeseburger, uncrustable), a few sides, and a few drinks (none are soda).

There's a few computers in the room (games?), a TV which is turned on a bit later, shelves full of toys, and tables. Kids get to vote on the movie of the night. DD is a crafty girl, and came home with 2 crafts (a painted box and a foamy project).

When she was there there were 2 staff members, and not more than a half dozen kids.

They give you a pager - and I've never taken it out of the resort so I don't know it's range - in case your child needs you. Very 1990s!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter