• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

silver spur & hb standard

klo1986

Earning My Ears
i understand i can use my standard vouchers here! only just looked at menu and it dosent specify what u get for your voucher?

does any1 know? i dont really want 2 pay extra as am on a tight budget!

tia xxx

we ate here last month on our 2 night/ 3 day stay, we have 3 children & also took my mother in law & we all enjoyed the food here, we booked a table for 6 pm & when we went in the waitress on the door/till took our half board voucher & then we were seated & basically able to help ourselves to everything, everything is buffet stlye all laid out & easy to get to.
you will love it, i took my own cutlery for our 2 yr old & he just shared our dinners as 2 yr olds are not inmcluded on the half board plan.

it will be easy dont worry:)

ahhh right! it all makes sense now! i must have read an old menu or sumthi coz the one i read was a table service menu!

what foods do they serve at the buffet?

i have never heard of a buffet at the silver spur. are you sure thats where you ate?

The Silver Spur is in the Disneyland park, in Frontierland. I didn't think it was a buffet either :confused3. I thought it was a set menu on the half board vouchers?

Silver Spur isn't a buffet, its a table service restaurant. The buffet in Frontierland is at the Lucky Nugget.

I believe if you're eating at the Silver Spur from the halfboard plus you get your meal from the 'Sheriff's menu' which is a three course meal... There is a version of it from last summer on the Silver Spur Reviews thread and can be seen here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1217943&page=5 I'm afraid I'm not sure about halfboard standard.... Hopefully someone else can help!

Bob xoxoxoxox

I'd heard that you could use standard HB vouchers at the Silver Spur during the day and I did have a look on the menu outside, but there was no HB logo on there at all. I didn't bother to go in and ask as we were just passing at the time.

We used half board standard in the Silver Spur when we went in Feb. I had a veggie tortellini (delicious) and my hubby had a steak. We both had soup to start, and a gorgeous dessert, either a trio of small desserts or creme brulee type thing.

Although the choice is very limited on half board standard, it was excellent-everyone in my party agreed it was by far the best meal we had. And don't forget you can use your half board vouchers at face value (the staff there will tell you how much they are worth, not sure now prices have changed). In Feb our £13 voucher got us 19 euros at face value and they accepted my dad using his that way without any problem.

I would highly recommend going there (I will get round to posting a restaurant review with pics one of these days).

oh no i'm really sorry :upsidedow i got it wrong, i always get silver spur mixed up with Plaza Gardens ! dont ask me why :idea: i must be a bit confused !!!!
sorry ignore me from now on :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter