Silly post: 5 attractions you'd choose

dlpSteve

Mr Dedicated to DLP
OK, DLRP is being re-developed from scratch, why I don't know, but the fact is that you can only keep 5 attractions to start your new DLRP with, which 5 do you choose?

Mine:

Pirates of the Caribbean - by far my favourite ride which seems very popular and can take a high quantity of people in a short time. It also includes the Blue Lagoon restaurant, which is a real bonus as it’s arguably the best place to eat in DLRP.

Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant - the castle is the centrepiece of DLRP and one that offers many different things for visitors, from shops, to galleries and even to a dungeon with a fire breathing dragon! DLRP without the castle just wouldn't be right.

Big Thunder Mountain - I'm not a fan of the 'thrill rides' but you'd need one to draw the crowds and this is the one that I am most likely try on my next visit. Keeping this ride would also mean having an outside water area, which is always a bonus.

Phantom Manor - always very popular and a very attractive building. With the minimalism of only having 5 attractions it's important to bear in mind what the park will look like with just those buildings.

Peter Pan's Flight - you need a ride to attract the children and this one maybe does that better than any other. Whilst targeting the children it's also a lot of fun for people of all ages.

So, there you go - quite hard to do when you consider how many awesome attractions there are at DLRP and that you have to take into consideration not only your own preferences but what visitors to the park will want.

I know this is an odd post but I'm in an odd mood!

Good Post :)

I would choose:

Pirates of the Caribbean - I agree, it is one of my favourite rides too. Awesome scenery and fast loading which makes the queue move quickly. Also, like you said, The Blue Lagoon. Plus - it's now been made in to a movie :) . This is great for virtually everyone, from people who hate coasters to people that 'live' on thirll rides.

The Castle - Definitely the nicest Disney castle out of them all. A great walk-through section and the masterpiece of Disneyland Paris.

Space Mountain - IMO this is the best Space Mountain out there. Easily beats WDW and DCA. Amazing scenery and a great ride. Plus, Discovery land would just not be the same without Space Mountain in the centre. This attracts the older, teenage guests to the park.

It's a small world - Disney just wouldn't be Disney without this attraction, no matter how annoying it may be. The grand building is a showcase for Fantasyland.

Big Thunder Mountain - Amazing ride suitable for nearly all age and thrill groups. Perfectly situated in the lake with some excellent scenery. This is the best BTM and DLP wouldn't be the same without it.

Richard. :)

I was very tempted to include It's A Small World in place of Peter Pan - the added aesthetic value and Disneyland legend status would probably make It's A Small World make the final five instead of Peter Pan.

I was going to make it 10, but I think that would have been too easy - choosing 5 means leaving out some major attractions!

If I was in charge Small World would be the first one to be knocked down!

My favourites bits of the park (in order of preference) are:

Pirates
Space
Big Thunder
Phantom Manor
The entrance to Adventureland (at night)

Space used to be my No.1 but since it has become so rough I now prefer to sail with the pirates.

Regards

Rob

Well........... I'd like to keep most of Adventureland as it is (except Indiana Jones) - do they have to bulldoze that too?? Oh okay then :) Here you are but I think you'll see a general trend developing here!!

Pirates Of The Caribbean

The Castle

Big Thunder Mountain

Phantom Manor

and............................

It's A Small World!!!!!!!!!!! (With the clock working properly!)

My kids would be devestated if they lost:-

Casey Junior - they just love the way it wizzs around

Toy Story - restaurant with a play area (I know it's not a ride but we eat the pizzas while the kids do the playing !!!!!)

There always has to be Big Thunder, Space Mountain and of course..........Small World (But will people stop throwing money in the water as my kids always try jumping out of the boat for it!!!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter