• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Signing up for Landrys card

GusGus77

DIS Veteran
So it just dawned on me that we should have gotten a Landry's card for our upcoming Disney trip as we plan to eat at T-Rex ( and don't have an ADR.) It is Tuesday, and we leave next Saturday. So I'm concerned if I sign up online today, we may not get our card in the mail before we leave.
Without physically having the card, will we be able to get the benefit of not waiting forever for a table and be able to use the $25 credit? We do not live anywhere near a Landry's restaurant so we would only use the card every few years. we only planned to go to the one Landry's restaurant while we are at Disney so waiting until we get there to sign up is not an Option. I don't want to waste $25 if we will be unable to utilize the benefits and use the $25 reward on our upcoming trip.

Does anyone have experience with this and can give advice? Thank you!

I signed up for mine at the Animal Kingdom RF Cafe *Bar* (no wait) and received the card.

A Day or two later we used the Card/Discount at DS Rain Forest <November 2015>

There is/was a wait 24 Hours before first use clause in the info

Last edited:
That's addressed in the FAQ on the website: https://www.landrysselect.com/ClubFaqs.aspx

collapsed.gif
If I purchased my membership online and have not received my card, can I still earn points?
Yes, you can earn points prior to receiving your membership card in the mail. It takes 2 business days to process and create an account for your membership. Once a membership number is assigned to your account, you can use the phone number on the account to earn points for your visit until you receive your card. The server will look up your account using you phone number. If you are visiting sooner than 2 business days, please keep your receipt and forward to us for a points adjustment within 30 days. If you see your membership number online when you log into your account from the website, you may redeem your Welcome Reward as long as you can show a valid ID that matches your account.
We

Thank you! We may try T-Rex the first day or we would do it in person.

I was confused by the website Q and A. If we do not use the welcome credit at T-Rex ( we have gift certificates) and decide to hit Yak and Yeti the following week ( which would be October and my husband's birthday month ) Will be be able to redeem both the welcome credit of $25 AND this $25 birthday credit at the same time?

The Landrys Card is a good deal, but don’t expect satisfaction when contacting their customer service with an issue. I had a reward that was not used due to the system being down when I dined. Then, when I contacted them, they related that I had to resolve it within 30 Days, Even though I had my documentation...I had to wait until my credit card bill came in.

I like the card, but their support section has much to be desired. I feel neglected by this company and their customer support section does not seem care in the least.

Last edited:
I have forgotten to bring my Landry's card two or three times and I've had no problem with them looking me up by my phone number, like the pp said.

I actually signed up for and got my card when we ate at a Landry's resturant. But that was some time ago. I have never had the need to actually contact their customer service so I cannot comment on that. Funny situation but the best rewards I have got from the card was that apparently some guy who was a big time dinner at La Griglia which is an upscale Italian place that Landy's owns in Houston and my cards number got cross wired and I received a lot of points from his dinning habits. This went on for about a year. I know, I know, I should have probably said something and was waiting for the points to disappear, but they never did. Now if he called their customer service people he may have a not so favorable opinion of them but I just said nothing. Got to a point where the points were nearing expiration and they were still there so the wife and I and my son and daughter in law headed to Galveston one Saturday afternoon and headed to Fisherman's Wharf (another Landry's joint) We had a really good meal and drinks and it cost me basically the tip and wiped out my expiring points. Never heard from anyone about it and the points stopped coming in a couple months prior to that so I assume he got his side fixed and Landry's never sent me any e-mails or said anything when I used my card. Got a really nice meal for four out of the deal.

I have forgotten to bring my Landry's card two or three times and I've had no problem with them looking me up by my phone number, like the pp said.

I too have forgotten my card, and the individual restaurant can just look up the Member by the phone number. My issue was when that computer system was down, and I wasn’t later satisfied with the company’s Select Club customer service, I didn’t want to post negative feedback on the restaurant itself, because I enjoyed the food and service.

I too have forgotten my card, and the individual restaurant can just look up the Member by the phone number. My issue was when that computer system was down, and I wasn’t later satisfied with the company’s Select Club customer service, I didn’t want to post negative feedback on the restaurant itself, because I enjoyed the food and service.

That does suck, what a bummer. :( But thanks for the reminder to make sure I always keep my card in my wallet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter