Signature restaurant frequent flyers

I do agree it can be hit or miss and it all depends on "when" you go too. It can be great one night and not so good the next. Lots of circumstances.:goodvibes

We loved AP for years and then a few years ago we had a bad experience an hadn't returned until 2 weeks ago & it's back on our "to do" list.:thumbsup2 (Ironically the server who waited on us 2 weeks ago was at Citrico's some years ago and we remembered him from there and that was the best part of Citricos from what we remembered LOL! He was great at AP too but so was the food.)

FF is another one of our favorites. I can't really think of a meal that we had that was a disappointment really.

Citrico's like I said, I remember the service from some years ago and the food was not bad but when we went back in more recent times I recall it was just ok.

YSH was our top fav many years ago but in more recent times we felt it really went downhill (especially when we had ants on our table, just a few little ones-not too gross anyone out and in FL it's a common thing-but NOT ON A TABLE in an upscale restaurant and the part that annoyed me the most was that the server didn't see them and then gave me attitude when I told him about them and I asked to move-not like I asked for a comped meal or anything-but we haven't returned since).

So in a nutshell, that's our experiences. My most recent votes would go to AP and FF.

If you would like to see a review on both feel free to check out my dining review website links with photos:

AP - http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/artist-point-dinner-review.htm

FF - http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/flying-fish-cafe.htm

thank you all so much for your wonderful comments! wow I really appreciate all the time you have taken to write your thoughts on the different restaurants I've listed.

After lots of consideration based on the times available & my schedule, I decided to make reservations at the following...

Hollywood Brown Derby for lunch
Citricos for dinner
flying fish cafe for dinner

Plus the rest of my ADRs:

I have Coral reef, le Cellier, Kona cafe, Chef Mickey's, Tusker house, Sanaa, Cape May cafe, Victoria and Albert's, Crystal Palace, Be our guest, 1900 Park fare.

I'm really looking forward to trying the 3 new restaurants I've chosen in addition to dining at Victoria and Albert's for the 1st time and also dining at Be our guest for dinner on my birthday

I hope that you enjoy the restaurants that will be new for you. We ate at Flying Fish earlier this week and had a great meal. We have Citricos booked for tomorrow (always a favorite of ours) and V & A's Thursday night. We had dinner at Artist's Point a few nights ago... see my reviews for details.... we will not be eating there again.
Have a wonderful trip!
:thumbsup2

I've eaten at all three, plus Narcoossee's and Jiko.

Sticking to your original list, my favorite of the three was Artist Point. Having eaten there half a dozen times, I've never had a bad meal. The room is the least crowded of all the signature restaurants, and I found the service there impeccible.

Add me to the list of YSH haters. When I ate there recently, the service was glacially slow (seated 30 minutes late, room not even half full, and over 2 hours to serve 3 courses). The food was merely ok. Some of the food got rave reviews (the charcuterie plate), while others (romaine salad, scallop appetizer, lobster bisque) got some of the worst reviews by my family, comparable with Tony's Town Square. Had I been paying OOP, I would have demanded a significant adjustment to the bill.

My last meal at Flying Fish will be my last meal there. The room was SO loud that I nearly had to shout to make myself heard across the table (in direct contrast to Artist Point, where the room was so quiet I was talking softly to people across the table). In addition, my meal was absolutely blah. There was nothing presented that lived up to the hype given by the waiter or the menu itself.

I'm going to give a shout out to Narcoossee's. Consider it if you aren't already dining there. Frankly, I don't understand why people are saying they had a bad meal at Narcoossee's. I've eaten there 8 times in the last three years and, of the 30 individual meals served, there has been nothing but praise for the food and service.

Citricos was merely ok. The food was good, but I just couldn't get excited about the restaurant. Perhaps the close proximity to V&A makes some people giddy to go to Citricos, but not me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter