• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Signature Meals - FDP busters!!

Jletendre

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Anyone else have signature dining in their plans? We actually have 3 and it's killed our TS credits .. anyone else have trouble making their plan work? I'm fine paying OOP as these meals will be nice but wanted to see how other people use their credits?

6 days to go!

We get 5TS credits, but have 6 ADRs, one being 2TS. Depending on what I order at the 2TS place I may just pay OOP for that. Its our first meal then I won't have to be concerned for the rest of the trip. Otherwise I'll pay OOP for a TS lunch (w/o app or dessert) and a breakfast buffet.

We have 18 TS for the DH,DD12, and me...plus ds2...I have already booked 27 TS...I have every day and meal planned out, so I already know that we will be OOP several character breakfasts...becuase they are cheaper to pay for...try to do that, so you can get the most for your $$...we are using ALL CS's and I am going to work very hard to get in all snack credits, too! I am turning into an overplanner, but that is the way you will ge the most out of the DDP!!!!:cool1:

I think the way the DDP is now is a lot of food. Without the appetizer it might be more manageable in 2008, but I have some 2TS scheduled for my next trip and that's ok with me because I don't want to feel like I have to eat so often. And if I find I need extra meals, I will pay for CS out of pocket. Also, I think having a couple less TS meals frees you from having to get somewhere at a certain time every day- much more relaxing for me.

DH and I used the dining plan last year and for me it was far, far too much food. This trip will be all light eaters (grandma, DD and myself). On our first day (MK day) we're having tea at the Grand Floridian (not on DDP, but this is a family tradition since DD was 4) and no TS dinner. We like breakfast in our room and Grandma and I will probably split quite a few CS meals so we'll have extras. We have ADRs at Jiko for our last night.

Back in the day, when we paid OOP for everything, we would schedule a late character/buffet type breakfast which covered both breakfast and lunch.

Jennifer

Well as you'll be 3TS short because of the signature restaurants I would make good use of your CS's while you can (before any changes are made). Eat at places like Cosmic Ray's where you can use 1TS to get a chicken/rib meal with mash and vegetables, its plenty for two people. Tusker House as well has very generous CS meals.

If you are still short credits then pay out of pocket for the cheapest TS (we found 50's Prime Time Cafe and Tony's Town Square - although both nice places - a waste of credits, we should have paid out of pocket and gone to California Grill instead!

I've not yet used the DDP, but will be in December 2007. I also like signature dining.

I have a couple of tricks up my sleeve:

I may pay OOP for one of the signature dining experiences if it is less than $50 per person.

We will probably be going to Spoodles for dinner one night. After looking at the menu we will probably order and split a flatbread and the dip appetizer then each get a salad. I would pay OOP for that too.

We will also have a car and may go offsite for a meal or two (already looking forwards to Bob Evans one morning).

My boyfriend and I have 2 signature restaurant ADRs coming up, and we plan on only using 2 TS credits total and paying out of pocket for one entree. We'll share the appetizer and dessert, and it will still be more than enough food for us.

We are planning on 2 signature restaurants, Jiko and Narcoossees, in October. I figure we will have more out of pocket meal expenses as a result, but I am okay with it. We will probably have smaller meals when we pay OOP; I have done the DDP plan before and know how much food it is so a couple of lighter meals at times will be welcome.

My boyfriend and I have 2 signature restaurant ADRs coming up, and we plan on only using 2 TS credits total and paying out of pocket for one entree. We'll share the appetizer and dessert, and it will still be more than enough food for us.

Hmmm...a new trick I can use. When I've gone to WDW before we would split an appetizer and maybe a dessert (or not order dessert at all) - this just might work for us too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter