• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Signature Dining Dress Code...Help, Please?

TarzansKat

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.
Hi, everyone! Well after great reviews of Artist Point I went ahead and secured an ADR for our September trip, and I'm really looking forward to it. I would however, like to make sure that we comply with their dress code, and the search function on here isn't working for me right now.

Is the wdwinfo.com description accurate?

It reads

"For the Signature Dining Restaurants, a "Business Casual" dress code is in effect:

Men - Dress pants, jeans or dress shorts and a T-shirt or long sleeve shirt with collar is required. (Jackets optional.)

Women - Jeans, skirts or dress shorts and blouse, sweater or dress is required.

NOT PERMITTED: Tank tops, swim suits or swim cover ups, hats for gentlemen, cut offs or clothing with rips/tears are not allowed. T-shirts with offensive language/graphics will also not be permitted."

Does that pretty much cover it?

We went to the Yachtsman on May 7th and we saw from dressy (we think wedding rehearsal) to a couple of people wearing the tank tops with spaghetti straps. So I think the rule of thumb is as long as you do not look like you have just come in from the pool you are fine. However someone else may know more about it. I know I was a little surprise at how casual some of the patrons were about the dress code. I know I wore capris, nice shirt, and sandals and felt fine there. Hope this helps!!

a couple of people wearing the tank tops with spaghetti straps.

This is what I am wearing to Artist Point this weekend.

Well, pants too.

I think when they say "tank tops" they mean for men.

a couple of people wearing the tank tops with spaghetti straps.
FYI the restaurants can get pretty chilly with the A/C so if you get cold in restaurants like me, you may want a sweater or something just in case. Like Avojeo I wear nice (even denim) Capri pants and a pretty blouse, nothing fancy just not the shorts and tee I wore in the parks all day. FWIW.

It seems like people wear pretty much anything to the signature restaurants. My opinion is, if you wear something other than the sweaty clothes you wore to the park that day, you'll be fine. ;)

Well, pants too.

Thanks for that clarification. I do have some very nice sleeveless tops as well, but the next poster makes a good point about bringing a light sweater as well.

FYI the restaurants can get pretty chilly with the A/C so if you get cold in restaurants like me, you may want a sweater or something just in case. Like Avojeo I wear nice (even denim) Capri pants and a pretty blouse, nothing fancy just not the shorts and tee I wore in the parks all day. FWIW.

It seems like people wear pretty much anything to the signature restaurants. My opinion is, if you wear something other than the sweaty clothes you wore to the park that day, you'll be fine. ;)

Thanks much!

Well, pants too.

Well I asked today when I made my reservation if the tank top rules applied to the women because what I saw in May and the CM said yes but then when on to explain no swimsuit coverups, so I really do not know who the tank top rule applys to. :confused3 Also this one that I saw was one I would have worn underneath something as a camisole because it was very see through. But hey at least it was cool for her!!!

I wonder if the opposition is to bare arms in general?

I have a particular dress I'd like to wear but it's sleeveless...I'm assuming it'll be okay, and I'll probably need to cover up with a light sweater if I'm cold anyway.

Well, if they throw me out of Artist Point for having bare arms I will report it here. Although I thought I had a constitutional right to bare arms. (Ok, lame joke.)

Too bad, I left my good cardigan on a plane last month.

Well, if they throw me out of Artist Point for having bare arms I will report it here. Although I thought I had a constitutional right to bare arms. (Ok, lame joke.)

It may have been lame, but it was punny! :rotfl2:

The Tank Top rule is intended mostly for men. Too many womens tops have straps that may mirror a tank top, but really it isn't. So don't even worry about that "bare arms" business.
And the code you posted is the correct one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter