Signature ap parking

Nevada Jen

DIS Veteran
I am thinking about upgrading just my pass to a signature pass, mostly for the parking. Do they check the name against the pain driving the car? Because I could see my hubby going without me but my daughter would be in the car.

We put parking on my son's pass one year for that reason. But now that they've cracked down on the discounts in-store and restaurants, I have the signature pass in my name. I don't notice the parking attendants doing anything in particular, but they do take (and I assume swipe) my card.

My husband was once asked about me on the pass. I was in the back seat with the kid. Once I was also asked for ID. Both of these instances were pretty rare. 3 years of having a pass and going 2-4 times a month. Only happened twice.

They check. They can see your picture when they scan and they'll ask for the AP holder by name if the person who hands over the pass doesn't look like them or male driver with female name.

My three-year-old is the Signature holder in our house, and they almost always check for her. "Is this little one in the car?" or, "Can I see the passholder?" are common questions.

Unlike others have reported, I have never had an issue using her pass for food and merchandise discounts, but that would almost certainly be a problem if your husband tried to use your pass.

Yes, they check for the passholder in the car. Before I had my signature I once put my friend's daughter in my back seat and handed over her pass when we parked. They definitely checked for her in the back.

You could always get your daughter the signature so that no matter if you or your husband go with your daughter you'll have a signature there for parking.

Whenever DH uses my pass for parking, the CM almost always leans down to verify that I'm in the passenger seat. Then they address me, but not DH!

My three-year-old is the Signature holder in our house, and they almost always check for her. "Is this little one in the car?" or, "Can I see the passholder?" are common questions.

Unlike others have reported, I have never had an issue using her pass for food and merchandise discounts, but that would almost certainly be a problem if your husband tried to use your pass.
Are you paying cash? I'm the signature pass holder and can use DH's credit card for food pretty easily, but for merchandise in-store, they won't even let me use his credit card even if he's standing with me (same last name even!)!

They swipe the pass, and I think they get the same photo they see at the front gate.

First time I got my AP, they couldn't associate the photo to the pass, so I got ID'ed at both parking and front gate. Then they got the photo linked, and I no longer get IDed at the parking booth.

Are you paying cash? I'm the signature pass holder and can use DH's credit card for food pretty easily, but for merchandise in-store, they won't even let me use his credit card even if he's standing with me (same last name even!)!
Nope, it's my credit card with my ID and her pass. I always tell the cast member that it's her pass, and they always say it's fine. (We bought an Elsa doll last Friday this way, for instance). Other people on here have said they can't do this with their kids' passes, which surprises me since I'm so open about it and have never had an issue. I do know you can't interchange passes with other adults, and I've never tried to use someone else's credit card.

I can echo what has already been said. The look at my scanned picture and then look at me. Sometimes, they call me by name.

Ditto for me too...they always looked into the car and confirmed my name to make sure that I was in the passenger seat when my friend was driving.

I usually pay with a debit card, and always have issues when buying something if someone else tries to pay. And I pay for almost everything anyway, so it makes sense to put it in my name. I guess I will just chance it. I'm not sure my hubby will ever park there without me anyway and it would be my car that was being parked for sure.

I usually pay with a debit card, and always have issues when buying something if someone else tries to pay. And I pay for almost everything anyway, so it makes sense to put it in my name. I guess I will just chance it. I'm not sure my hubby will ever park there without me anyway and it would be my car that was being parked for sure.
It doesn't matter if you are not in the car when he uses your pass so he doesn't pay for parking that will be an issue for YOU. They can take away your pass because they will see it as you guys trying to abuse and game the system. You absolutely have to be there, doesn't matter if its your car is the one being parked. If you are not there, he pays for parking. If you are there, he doesn't have to pay for parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter