• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

goofeygirl

DIS Veteran
I have been going back and forth and up and down about this race for a long time. One minuet I want to do the half (not signing up for the Dopey or Goofy so the half is pretty much the only contender) then the next I don't. One minuet I say, nah...I will wait and sign up for the Princess or even Tink out west...then another minuet I think...do all three? I can change my mind about this race within the same thought process! Literally stand there thinking, not this time around...well...yeah I think I actually want to do it...but no...I will do the Princess instead...on the other hand.

I am driving myself crazy.

So I am leaving fate to be the decision maker on this one. The registration opens at 12n est today. I will home from work about 6pm. Races have been selling out in a matter of hours. If I come home and the race is sold out...my choice has been made for me...however if its still open I will sign up for it...the half.

As of right now, my plan is to just sign up for the Marathon. I have a few more hours to change my mind :)

Go Goofy! Go on, you know you want to. ;)

That medal is totally tempting! :thumbsup2

I'm toying with the idea of trying to Boston qualify late this year. I have a race in mind in December, but if I don't qualify in that one, Disney is going to be my back up. I know I wouldn't be able to after running a half the day before.

That's why is such a shame that the races fill up so fast, and I can't choose Goofy AFTER my December race!

I could be wrong, but I don't think the half will sell out in hours. :) :goodvibes You may be toeing the starting line again!!

Signing up for the Marathon (for me) and for the 5k (for me and my Mom). Dad wants to hold off on registration until May, which I think we maybe able to pull off with the Marathon but seriously doubt will get away with the 5k. It's going to be a fun topic to discuss over dinner I suspect.

Signing up for the Marathon (for me) and for the 5k (for me and my Mom). Dad wants to hold off on registration until May, which I think we maybe able to pull off with the Marathon but seriously doubt will get away with the 5k. It's going to be a fun topic to discuss over dinner I suspect.

•Dopey Challenge - 70% Full
•Half Marathon - 50% Full
•Walt Disney World® 10K - 60% Full
•Family Fun Run 5K - 50% Full
at 12:38...

Better enter the 5k at least.

•Dopey Challenge - 70% Full •Half Marathon - 50% Full •Walt Disney World® 10K - 60% Full •Family Fun Run 5K - 50% Full at 12:38... Better enter the 5k at least.

Managed to get in for the 5k but thanks for the heads up anyways.

Got the whole fam registered for the 5k and the kids registered for the 100 meter dash, phew! I am so glad I listened to everyone warning about early signups!

I signed up for the Goofy, number 3 for me. The lure of the anniversary medal was too much.

I'm a little worried though, my confirmation email only shows the commemorative pin and not the actual race. Credit card got charged the full amount and the online confirmation showed everything correctly. Anyone else's confirmation email seem to be lacking information?

See I was right...most of these races are nearly sold out. I am signed up for the half only.
I thought of the Goofy but decided against it. I sort of regret it now...oh well. I am happy with the half.

The half is nearly sold out at 85% and its not even seven hours since registration opened.

The 5k,10k and Dopey are all gone.

My choice was a half, a full or a Goofy.

I signed up for the Goofy, number 3 for me. The lure of the anniversary medal was too much.

I'm a little worried though, my confirmation email only shows the commemorative pin and not the actual race. Credit card got charged the full amount and the online confirmation showed everything correctly. Anyone else's confirmation email seem to be lacking information?

My confirmation email says congratulations! You are now registered for 2015 WDW marathon weekend.Please check the events official website for updates.RunDisney.com

View your complete registration details

This is for 2015 Goofys Race and a half challenge on Sat. Jan.10,2014-Sunday,January 11,2015.

That's exactly how my conf. Email begins,as you can see they screwed up the year as after Saturday January 10 they put 2014,but that's obviously a typo.I think as long as you see it showing the Goofys Race and a half challenge you should be OK,does yours say that?Also did your card get charged the $383 something .

I was in the middle of a busy moment at work today when registration opened, but I managed to scramble and register for the 10K, assuming it would be the first to sell out. I'm glad I did because the next time I was able to look, the 5K and 10K were sold out. I just registered for the half about an hour ago, when I got home from work.

This year I did the 5K, 10K and half and had initially planned to do those three again next year but I'm honestly not really disappointed that I missed signing up for the 5K. I'm very excited about the two I'm signed up for.

I am glad I went ahead and registered for the half. Ideally, I would have signed up for the 10k and half...but those other races were sold out.

Cannot believe it. I remember only a few years ago when I signed up for the half marathon during this weekend, I did it in or around August...now you have to sign up within hours! Crazy. Crazy in a good way I think.

Was going back and forth between the half and full and decided to go full. Did the half last year. Maybe each year I will go one step higher..Half-Full-Goofy-Dopey. :cool1::woohoo:

I eventually got the second email, saying I am registered for the Goofy.

Active.com could save some support calls if they just added a line that said 'If you registered/purchased several items, the confirmations may come in separate emails several hours apart. Don't panic yet, goofy-boy.'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter