Sightseeing/something to do near Disneyland?

HappilyEverAfter80

DIS Veteran
For those that are familiar with Disneyland and the Anaheim area - is there something nearby that we could take an Uber to - to sightsee/shop - near Disneyland?
We have a full day tomorrow, but no more park days, we can of course hang out at our resort and downtown Disney, but if there somewhere we could go nearby? We have Ds12 with us.
We don’t depart the resort area til about 7 (10:45 pm flight)
Just looking in the Anaheim area.
TIA

In Anaheim? Not really much. You can try the packing district, but it's just a food/drink hall. Might be boring for your kid.

I honestly can't think of anything else of interest in Anaheim, specifically. If you're willing to go further, I can give you more suggestions.

Personally, I'd just stay at the resort.

Not sure where you are staying but I would probably just relax at your hotel, swim, eat, shop. We just did a staycation this weekend with just one night at the DLH and we only went to the park yesterday. Today was DTD and pool (with lunch by the pool), and Dole Whips. We left at 5pm but wished we could have stayed longer, through dinner preferably! But had to get the boy home and ready for school tomorrow. :(

Not sure where you are staying but I would probably just relax at your hotel, swim, eat, shop. We just did a staycation this weekend with just one night at the DLH and we only went to the park yesterday. Today was DTD and pool (with lunch by the pool), and Dole Whips. We left at 5pm but wished we could have stayed longer, through dinner preferably! But had to get the boy home and ready for school tomorrow. :(
Sounds like a lovely staycation! Wish we lived close enough to do that. We are staying at Disneyland hotel.

There is a train station in Anahiem, it you wanted to branch out.

There is a train into LA. You could catch it early then use uber or public transport to go to one of the museums. Le Brea Tar Pits are totally awesome if you've never been and LACMA is right next door. (there is a rail station next door to the musuem). And I think they were building a car museum there as well.

My kids LOVE a trip to Nickel Nickel arcade which is very close by. We never miss it :)

there is also the beach! Pacific City at Huntington Beach is a great place for lunch or dinner and a little time out on the sand

Too late now, but I would have suggested Knott's Berry Farm. Some good suggestions above too. I wonder what was chosen. :-)

Too late now, but I would have suggested Knott's Berry Farm. Some good suggestions above too. I wonder what was chosen. :-)
We ended up having a leisurely breakfast at our hotel, then took an Uber to the outlets @ Orange and walked around the Circle @Orange before coming back to the Disneyland hotel for a few hours poolside and dinner at Trader Sams.
I have made note of all the other suggestions too, we hope to go back out to California, just loved everything about it! Thanks everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!