Sigh . . . just spent $50 on a new remote

babiesX2

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>There is nothing
Yesterday, I was paying DD13 to "babysit" the twins for me while I worked on this week's eBay listings. I heard the twins in the kitchen, and it sounded like they were fighting. They had the remote to our Sony TV, and they were playing tug of war with it. I took it away from them and noticed a red light flashing inside it (I'd never noticed this light before). Some of the buttons had big chunks bitten out of them :sad2: I was confused how they had even gotten the remote in the first place because I thought DD13 had super-glued it to her hand the day school let out for summer. :lmao: Yep, DD13 was asleep on the couch (just napping for a second ;) . Long story made short, the remote doesn't work now.

Last night after we were in bed, I kept hearing noises down in the living room. I got my baseball bat (I was home alone, Dh was working) and crept :tiptoe: down the stairs. I had put the broken remote on the end table and it was turning the TV off an on rapidly! :lmao: I put it in a drawer in the kitchen. Dh looked at it this morning and it is definitely broken. I bought a new one on a Buy It Now listing for about $5 cheaper than the other internet sources.

Aren't kids just wonderful? ;)

One of my boys sprayed some kind of cleaner into the front of my TV (those little vent holes), and late that night, around 1:00 am, it came on by itself and the volume turned itself all the way up. Talk about being jolted awake! I had to unplug the TV to get it to stop.

Sorry about the extra expenditure, but I do feel your pain.

Lori P. :)

Whoever said "Kids are big money holes" was right on. How did you finally "fix" the TV?

As the mother of a boy, I can't tell you how many remotes have been trashed or lost in our household! We have spent a good chunk of change on remotes. We now buy universal remotes at Target, and the last one we purchased a couple of years ago was a bit less than $20. $50 for a remotes seems awfully high to me.

:rotfl: Sorry about the remote! Your story cracks me up.......glued to her hand.

I came home very late one night and heard my tv on as I opened the front door. Living alone - I knew that it had been off when I left. Freaked me out until I realized that my dog had accidentally jumped on it.

ceecee said:
:rotfl: Sorry about the remote! Your story cracks me up.......glued to her hand.
If anyone else tries to touch that remote she goes into Defcon 5 Red Alert Mode!

Dh is an audio visual top of the line electronics NERD. Replacing the original remote with a generic universal remote would be a slap in the face to him. But $50 isn't bad. The remote has so many buttons he (well DD13) could launch the Space Shuttle with it. :lmao:

My children put a magnet up to our tv last year.....I didnt even know if they had repairmen that still made housecalls but I found out the hard way that they do!

UGH! We are still looking for the remote that DD misplaced last week. :(

I feel your pain. We paid about $50.00 to replace our surround sound system remote. A universal remote would not work. I don't let my kids touch the remote to the surround sound now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter