sick CP

DisneyHotDog

Mouseketeer
I will be a CP in the fall and was wondering what happens if I get sick (i.e. stress, fever, virus etc.). Is there a facility that I can go to in the area or on staff at Disney for CP's to go to? Does anyone how what happens when you are not feeling well and need to go to see a doctor?

I will be a CP in the fall and was wondering what happens if I get sick (i.e. stress, fever, virus etc.). Is there a facility that I can go to in the area or on staff at Disney for CP's to go to? Does anyone how what happens when you are not feeling well and need to go to see a doctor?

If you're at work there is a cast member area for small stuff like tylenol and stuff like that. If you just need to go the doctor you wait for a day off if you can and you go to one in Orlando or in a town near by.

My daughter is down there now, and got a sinus infection within the first month. We checked into the nearby Centra Care, which was going to cost over $200 for a visit. Luckily we found a Walgreens just a bit farther down the road that had a walk in clinic. It was much cheaper and they gave her a prescription for an antibiotic (free at Publix) and fixed her right up.

I've gone to the clinic in the Walgreens down the road from Centra Care twice for sinus infections & I go to one when I'm home & get them. They almost never have a wait (I sat in Centra Care with a friend for 4 hours one day). The only downside to Walgreens is if you don't have a car or a friend with a car who is willing to take you, it's kinda far from the apartments. It's probably almost 2 miles from Vista. The closest the busses get to where it is, is when it goes to Crossroads in the evenings, but I think the clinic might be closed by then.
If you get hurt at work, there's health services in the cast parking lot at epcot, but you can only go there if its work-related. There's also the center for living well in the cast lot at epcot, but you have to have disney insurance to go there. (I tried & was turned away cuz I wasn't on disney's insurance plan, even tho I had the same insurance provider, it was just thru my dad's work.)

My daughter had strep throat in the fall and she went to Centra Care. It was close by and fortunately she was covered by our family medical insurance so she only had to pay about $25 out the door. Centra Care may be pricey but they do accept a lot of insurance plans we found out and they can also send a van to pick you up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter