• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shy kids at Prime Time?

momofmikey

Mommy also to Daniel and Lauren
We've been to Prime Time a couple years ago, and we had a pretty tame server. This worked well b/c my boys are PAINFULLY shy, and hate being the center of attention. I'd really like to go back this trip, but I don't want the boys to be miserable. If the server is really "in character", and the boys are horrified, can I request he/she to stop, or should I simply not go?

so funny..thats the reason ive avoided thisplace..i hope u get a response. i have 5 year old twins who i thinkd would cringe here!

i don't think i would go. basically the whole reason to go to prime time is mostly for the fun of everyone being in character, atleast in my opinion.

I read a lot of reviews where the servers read the basically read the "body language" of the guests and that's how they decide wether or not to "mess" with you or not. If you look like a group that really doesn't want to be "messed" around with then they won't mess with you. I'm also sure you could make a note to the CM seating you that you don't want to be "messed" with and they'll let your waiter/waitress know in advance. But don't skip Prime Time, really good place for some home style cooking.

I have never eaten there and was going to try Whispering Canyon but worried about the same thing.
If they start to bother you i would say something. Im the kind of person that if you get me too mad i am not afraid to speak my mind. I guess if you look like you dont want to be bothered they will probably leave you alone

I've been there a few times.. once with my friends who are loud and outgoing and the server was VERY interactive. Another time I went, I was with my much more tame family and my extremely shy little cousins, and they joked around a little but mostly left us alone. They are really good at reading the tables. Hope this helps!

in march when we went our server was good at reading people. He joked a bit with DD3.5, but realized DS18mos was scared of strangers so he left him alone. DH didnt eat his veggies and he actually fed them to him. my 17yr old brother didnt eat his either but the server saw he was acting shy and embarrassed so he didnt mess with him at all. Maybe when u get there you can let them know ahead?

I would go and have a good time. I don't think it is wrong at all if the cm gets a little overboard to hint that it has been fun but now we are ready to eat. We had a very nice cm last year who just made DD3 set the table.(Place the silverware) We all laughed and everything was pretty basic. Hope it helps.

You can always tell your server that your kids would rather not be part of the "show" if they get too wild. We were there last August and didn't particulary think that the food was that great-just average. Desserts were good though.

I find that the servers tend to keep their cutting up with the older kids, teens and adults. They generally leave the little ones alone.

My friend went last year with their teen age son and they hardly bothered the son. Instead they picked on the parents. I think that's better then them joking around with the kids especially the young ones. I would go and let the server know to not joke with the boys. I have heard the food is pretty good. Enjoy.:cool1:

I would go and when "Uncle Bill" comes to great you say something like, "Glad to see you Uncle Bill - it's been too long. I'm sure you remember my kids 'Ben' and 'Brad' right? Well they're going through this super shy phase at the moment so take it easy on them this time for me wouldya? You're the best Uncle Bill." :laughing:

So you get to be in character, and the CM still gets to be in character. They don't lose thier mindset of being IN character while still knowing not to take it too far with the kiddos. But be warned they might kick it up a notch with you to get a giggle out of the kids. Which to me is half the fun anyway. :teeth:

Win win. :thumbsup2

My DS is very shy. When we went the server was at the table beside us and was giving all of them such a hard time and was on and on at them to finish their meals etc and was feeding them, it went on and on. I could see my DS watching with amusement but the terrified look on his face when she approached us.

She was not like that at all with us. I still noticed the same sort of words, but she asked my DS is he going to eat his vegetables or no dessert but she said it in a much quieter voice, not really loud like she had with the other table, he just shook his head and that was it, she didn't go on didn't pick up the spoon and try and feed him like she had at the other table, she just said, so you have finished and took the plate like any other server at any other restaurant, then organised dessert. She must have picked up on our body language and really was very toned down with us compared to other tables. I think they can tell straight away, when the ask you to set the table and a non shy child would laugh but a shy one may just look sideways at them a little and you can just tell when they are on the shy side, then when they order, they are quiet or won't speak and you have to say their order for them. So I am sure the servers are all well trained to pick up on these things and to tone it down when they see that a child is shy. I would go and enjoy it, if your DS is like mine he may be quite amused watching everyone else being picked on (as long as they are not involved in the joking around :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter