Shuttle Launch on November 29th!!!

Patrick IL.

Dis Poster
I just saw it on the Community board and verified it, Nasa is scheduled to launch one November 29th at 8:05 E.T.!!!! I have never seen one- that would be so cool to see from W.D.W.- I'm told you can really see it well- I am so excited about this:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We saw a morning launch from the catwalk in the Contemporary Hotel
last September by the California Grill. It wasn't the outside catwalk by the elevators, it was
the one behind the kitchen. We all saw the light in the sky and cheered.
It was fun.

That sounds cool. I don't recall seeing one from WDW. I've seen a few launches from Daytona Beach and the ones at night are awesome. The flames from the rocket are large and ragged, that sorta remind me of a cheap sci-fi movie. I guess that the darkness of the night highlights the outline of the flame, because I never noticed it during the daytime. Bring your binoculars. And they usually fly over the ocean side and not over the land.

Thanks for the tip Patrick!!!
:)

:cool: Can this convention get any cooler? :cool: I don't think so.... :smooth:

Thanks for the heads-up on this one Patrick! :)

Thanks Patrick. As many times as we have been at WDW we have never seen a launch and we always check the NASA web site before hand to see if we will be lucky enough to see a launch while we are there. This just keeps getting better and better!!!

Also, thanks to Ray for the hint about the binoculars! I'll have to pack them right away so I won't forget! LOL No, I'm not packing yet (although it isn't a bad idea....ha ha), but we always have certain things always packed and ready to go!

See you all there!
:bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc

I guess the pink bounce still isn't working!

Can we add this to the list of things to do at the convention??? ;) Thanks, Pat, for the heads up! I'll be packing binoculars, too! :)

Does anyone remember where the shuttle launch originates from in relation to a landmark on the Disney horizon and where you were watching from?

What was a good viewing site in WDW and where were you looking in relationship to WDW landmarks.

As an example, someone said they watched the launch from Disney's Contemporary Resort California Grille Restaurant. Do you remember where the launch originates on the WDW horizon? Was it The
Polynesian?

I'll probably be at MGM at the ToT event?

Others may be at the Magic Kingdom for the MVMCP.

Thank you in advance, Ray

:)

P.S.: Here's a link to the community board (inspired by Patrick) that some people have given there experiences at watching the shuttle launch at WDW:

http://www.disboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=497840

We watched a shuttle launch in Feb from the Yacht Club area. It looked like the shuttle was going right over Spaceship Earth from that viewpoint. It was a terrific sight.

I think we need to organize this, maybe all interested could meet at a certain spot and view it together.. what do you think?? Providing of course, it goes off as planned..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter