Shula's--did I like it?

Padisneycouple:
Just learned they have a melted blue cheese topping that isn't listed but may be ordred--no extra charge.They also have Shula's own steak sauce, similar to A-1.
Due to the very high quality of their steaks, they more or less are expected to speak for themselves and hence the lack of toppings such as you might find at a standard steakhouse.

Just looked at the menu. DH and I love good steak.:) So oh boy he is going to want to go to Shula's instead of V&As for our Anni.:idea:
And the Scotch! You got me there. Macallan 25 year.:eek: YUM.
I think we need to do Shula's and V&A.:rolleyes:

Padisneycouple:
Just learned they have a melted blue cheese topping that isn't listed but may be ordred--no extra charge.They also have Shula's own steak sauce, similar to A-1.
Due to the very high quality of their steaks, they more or less are expected to speak for themselves and hence the lack of toppings such as you might find at a standard steakhouse.

Thanks!

I think we'll be putting Shula's on our WDW bucket list...you know I love steak

Maybe we should move our fall cruise to 2011, and open up space for WDW this fall???

Shula's is easily the best steakhouse at WDW, IMO. We have found the service a bit slow but it was real busy each of our last three visits.

Someone asked about quality compared to Ruths' Chris and this is, of course, subjective. But from a guy who loves steakhouses (The Palm, Morton's Shula's, Cap Grille, etc.), if you like the kind/style/presentation of steak Ruths' sells (it's my personal favorite) then Shula's will not be as good. But on my yum-o-meter it ranks favorably with The Palm, Morton's, Capital Grille and the like.

Note: I love Uncle's reviews because he always provides factual details instead of the "it's not worth it for the money" or "the service was bad" or other ridiculous, generalized comments that don't give anyone any actual clue as to what had transpired. Thanks Uncle.

Who did you make reservations through? WDW or the restaurant directly? TIA! Can't wait to eat there in October!

I made them online at the Disney dining site. You can also get them thru WDW-Dine, or by calling the restaurant directly.
Probably six of one and half dozen of the other as to which is best--

Thank you for another informative and fun-to-read review, UncleR. :)

After we got back from a stay at the Dolphin in 2/08, I read on here that all the restaurants in that resort (including Shula's) give a AAA discount. (Of course, I was annoyed to read it because I have a AAA membership and never thought to use it while there.)

I wonder if that's true. A 10% or 15% discount on a Shula's bill would work out to a decent amount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter