Shula 48oz challenge?

WDW Obsessed

Mouseketeer
Has anyone attempted this challenge? I am considering eating it next trip down(October). I LOVE steak, but want to know how much of a chance I have. I've eaten plenty of steak over 24+oz, but that was my main meal, with two sides, ~2-3 beers, and desert. I assume I should just plan to have a drink and eat the steak alone.:rotfl:

Has anyone attempted this challenge?
. . . I don't have enough guts to try
. . . or, big enough stomach to hold it

I am considering eating it next trip down(October). I LOVE steak, but want to I assume I should just plan to have a drink and eat the steak alone.
. . . that would be my guess.
. . . I saw one once, and it is positively HUGE

OMG just the thought of eating 3 lbs of anything makes me :faint: I would guess they make the cut VERY lean so there's not much to trim away. But if you go for it, take pics!! LOL

Since we have a long weekend approaching, why not attempt a trial run this weekend? Grill yourself 3 pounds+ (gotta factor in an extra bit for shrinkage :lmao:) of a good quality boneless steak and dig in. Look at it this way- whatever you can't manage to eat you can save for left overs for the rest of the weekend. Let us know how it goes.

s this steak only? No salad or baked potato? Actually, I'd like the potato in any form to go with it. Piece of cake. Hopefully for dessert.

Whenever I hear about this I think about John Candy in "The Great Outdoors" and the 96 oz steak special.:lmao:

It is just the steak...I have friends who have done it as well as the 15lb. burger challenges at Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in PA.

I had the 48oz a December 2009. I went light on the meals during the day. The steak was excellent. Afterwards we played mini golf and went out for a few drinks. So the large steak didn't bog me down.

We were there again a few weeks ago. The 48oz was $90 and I just wasn't hungry enough. I had the ribeye (24oz I believe). Always have an excellent meal there. Top flight professional service too.

I had the 48oz a December 2009. I went light on the meals during the day. The steak was excellent. Afterwards we played mini golf and went out for a few drinks. So the large steak didn't bog me down.

We were there again a few weeks ago. The 48oz was $90 and I just wasn't hungry enough. I had the ribeye (24oz I believe). Always have an excellent meal there. Top flight professional service too.

Dude...:worship:

Good to know. I feel like the only two things I can devour are steaks and pizza. It's amazing and sick at the same time. LOL. In college I'd did the alternate answer to creatine....3lbs of meat per day. SO, I do know it's a lot, but I feel fairly confident. In comparison, I "can" eat 2 lg. Papa Gino pizzas. :)

I'm gunning for 2 beers to wash this massive steak down, along with a side to mix up the flavor. My ONLY worry is that sometimes the porterhouse can be greasy. If it's toooo greasy it's not so easy to eat because it taste "rich."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter