• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shows to see?

SkylarKD

Mouseketeer
My fiance and I will be going to WDW for our honeymoon in August. He's not really a big fan of musicals, and although I like them, it seems that going on rides and seeing the other attractions would be a better use of our time.

But if we were to see a couple of shows in the WDW parks, what would you recommend for two mid-20s adults with no kids? (We're already planning on getting tickets for Cirque du Soleil in Downtown Disney)

Here are my favorites (in order of my favorites) these are the ones I would recommend for a first time visitor to not miss
ILLUMINATIONS (EPCOT) I wouldn't miss this (grab an area in Mexico to the left of the ring booth. that is the best. And the margaritas are close)
Spectromagic (MK)-my favorite parade, I love the music
Wishes(MK)-good fireworks, but not as good as Illuminations
Fantasmic(MGM)-cute show, but once a trip is enough for me

Other shows include: I call most of them WDW Condensed Versions of the movie
Little Mermaid (MGM) cute show, I would see it if I had never done it before
Beauty and the Beast (MGM) watch the movie
Tarzan Rocks (AK) loud, ok, but not special
Lion King (AK) cute, but nothing like the movie, basicly a chance for the performers to do their thing

I know I missed some and opinions vary, but these are mine. Peggie

DH and I loved the bird show at Animal Kingdom--DH went just to humor me, but we both ended up feeling it was the highlight of our visit to the Animal Kingdom!

I would say the must see's are the following:

Magic Kingdom: SpectroMagic & Wishes
Best to view both is on the balcony of the Main Street Train Station. If you get there early enough, you can get a chair near the railing. Try and position yourself at or near the railing at the center of the balcony. This will give you a straight shot view of the castle. You can watch Spectro from up there, then view Wishes.

EPCOT: Illuminations
Best place to view is at the patio of the Rose & Crown in the UK pavilion. Make a PS for 1 1/2 prior to the show starting and request a patio table. Explain that you will be on your honeymoon and ask for that to be noted in your PS. Check in early and re-request the lower patio table and tell them about your honeymoom. Also tell them that you are more than willing to wait for one. This will give you a chance to enjoy a great meal, then relax and have your dessert while having a unobstructed (and comfy) view of Illuminations.

MGM: Fantasmic
Get there early and grab a set towards the top (less wet and faster exit) and sit in the center area (I think it's like Mickey or Scar). You may also want to do the Fantasmic dinner package that includes reserved seating for Fantasmic and you won't have to get there as early.

Animal Kingdom: Legend of the Lion King

floridagirrl2 - My fiance's a bit freaked out about birds, but maybe I'll try to convince him to sit in the back! ;)

Terk-1 - those are fantastic tips!! Thanks so much!!
:hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter