Shows on longer cruises

Minnie222

DIS Veteran
We are considering longer cruises in Europe and are wondering what are the shows arrangement for cruises that are 12 night long.

Do they repeat the shows or do they have different things every night?

We are considering longer cruises in Europe and are wondering what are the shows arrangement for cruises that are 12 night long.

Do they repeat the shows or do they have different things every night?
Different show every night. Besides the standard 3 production shows, there may be a Welcome Aboard show and a Till We Meet Again show.

Other nights will have individual entertainers (magician, comedian, ventriloquist). On some longer cruises there may be some shows that are pulled out for just such cruises, like a production show, but not a lot of sets onstage, and singers doing primarily Disney songs.

We are on the 12 night next summer and just finished the 11 night. We didn't repeat any shows, but they filled up the nights with variety shows that were (mostly) pretty good as well as a movie (Lion King).

Below is a copy of the show schedule for last months WBTA. We have done EBPC (14 nights) and 12 night Norway/Iceland in the past and the scheduled were similar. The regular shows are there and the schedule typically gets filled other acts. Many of the acts also do a version for an afternoon or evening if there are extra sea days. Those are often “family friendly” even though the regular shows are not all that risqué.

If I am thinking of the right thing, the crew talent show is not done anymore. It was staged at the end of the longer cruise and rather silly with more adult humor. Those were huge fun but after talking with a CD we have know for a while they shared it was not allowed any longer.:mad:

Edit: sorry the image kept going in sideways, so added as a separate post below.

Last edited:
Too bad they took away the talent show, we saw it in February and enjoyed on the WBPC.
I was disappointed on our WBTA last month, John Charles never appeared. I assume he was suppose to hop on board in Canada and sadly we missed those two ports.

We were on the 10-night Baltic and 7-night Norway cruises this summer, and they had Gavin Lee on the 10-nighter.

No repeats, but we noticed quite an improvement in some of the individual performances over the two cruises.

We were on the Magic in July and we were SHOCKED at how much entertainment there was...
Besides the shows, there was a veritable cast of thousands in terms of the variety acts...
After complaints i'd heard about prior years, i was even more surprised at just how much entertainment there was.
In fact, there was so much, it was nearly impossible to see it all.

in terms of the regular shows, we had Tangled, Twice Charmed and Dreams, plus Welcome Aboard and Once upon a Song (plus we had a disney movie premiere which took the theater one night).
and we had outstanding variety acts, which i can no longer remember what they were - i recall a magician, a juggler, a group (junk? can't remember the name), and a fantastic ventriloquist..
we enjoyed them all immensely.

also, each variety act gave multiple shows - both for families and adults.....it was seemingly neverending entertainment!!

You can get an idea if you have a look at prior navigators.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter