• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shout out for Shutterfly

New England Eeyore

DIS Veteran
I just wanted to share this with you, because I'm extremely happy with Shutterfly's customer service.

I had tried a few different sites for ordering digital prints and stuck with them because I just liked their overall website and the ease of setting up albums, etc and sharing with friends. I've been with them only about year and they keep sending me special offers, which is nice!

Most recently, I purchased a prepaid print plan that came with a free 8x8 story book. I knew the storybook offer expired in September, but I assumed I would get a reminder email when it was about to expire, as I did for every other special offer. I went on to check yesterday, and the offer was gone. Turned it out it had expired 2 days before. That was completely my fault, as I should have written it down, or remembered it, but I decided to send out an email to customer service saying I was disappointed I hadn't received the reminder email. They responded today and gave me the credit back, this time expiring in October. They absolutely didn't have to do that, so I was psyched! I thought I'd spread some good word of mouth for them and tell you all that Shutterfly customer service rocks!

I totally agree!

I have only experienced good things with their customer service. They are friendly and helpful. I once ordered over 100 pictures for an album I was making for a gift (my grandfather's 85th birthday). I ordered them about 1 month ahead of time, but with 5 days to go, I still hadn't gotten them. Of course, I was worried, so I called Shutterfly. They said that there was nothing to be done - they must have gotten lost in the mail. But they would credit my account for the pictures. I was not satisified, but what could I do? Anyway, the very next day, I got an overnight package from them with the pictures. They had reprinted the entire order, free of charge and sent them overnight! And they had credited my account.

Of course, that was the day I received the orginal order, but that was ok. :)

Most recently, I purchased a prepaid print plan that came with a free 8x8 story book!

NEE, I bought the prepaid print plan with the supplemental 8 x 8" story book. I redeemed the whole print plan (800 prints) as well as the book fairly quickly because I hadn't developed my last WDW trip. I got the storybook a couple of weeks ago, and just love it!! Wow, did it take a long time to set up, though..LOL!! I know part of it was my perfectionism, but it was fun anyway. My theme for the book wasn't Disney, it was puppy Disney with my first visit to pick him out at 5 weeks old, then to pick him up, our journey home, and then all the puppy pics for the first few weeks. It's really a cool book.

I went to the store to pick up dog treats for my older dog, and on the back (Scooby Treats) was an offer for a free 8 x 8 story book from Shutterfly with three proofs of purchase of the treats. So, I'm going back for 2 more boxes...I need them eventually anyway.

You will love your book. Oh, and after I redeemed my full order finishing that plan, they sent me an offer for a discounted additional 200 prints which I haven't used yet. I'm constantly getting new offers.

They do a fantastic job. Their prints are always better than any other company as well.

NEVER try WinkFlash. Their prints are horrible! I just got a bunch back and I'm so disapointed. They look terrible, and they were the prints I got to work on CJ's with. Grrr. Maybe I should test out their customer service...

I've been using Shutterfly since 2001, love their service.:thumbsup2

Mickster - that is another fantastic story! Definitely a company that makes customer service a priority!

This is actually my second free photo book. The first one I threw something together for a weekend trip to Disney I had taken that I had yet to scrap. Just to see how I liked their product. I was definitely very happy with it! For this one, I decided to do a "Animals of the Animal Kingdom" one for my youngest DsD because on the last trip, whenever I would get a good animal shot, she'd say, "I want a copy of that." I thought this would be a nice way to do that.

I agree that it does take awhile to set it up just as you'd like it, which is why I hadn't finished it when the original offer expired. Now I'll do that ASAP!

I tried Winkflash once and they cut the tops off people's heads in the pictures. Never again.

:thumbsup2 Another thumbs up for Shutterfly! I have always had great service. I love the photo books. I can't wait to make one after our upcoming Disney trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter