Should we see Fantasmic on Oct 21 (Sat) or Oct 22 (Sun)

disney-super-mom

DIS Veteran
Fantasmic is on our agenda, so we want to know which day would be better in regards to crowds. (Regardless, we'll be watching the 9:00 pm showing because our kids would never make it to 10:00 p.m.)

Saturday will most likely have heavier crowds, but because of the Remember Dreams Come True fireworks and people lining up early to get a good viewing spot for the fireworks, maybe that will take away some of the crowds for the first showing of Fantasmic? :confused3

Sunday will be lighter crowds, especially since the locals won't be there that late (9:00 pm) because kids need to be at school Monday morning. Also, while checking room availability for that weekend, I noticed that many hotels are booked on Friday and Saturday, but most hotels (including the Disney hotels) have available rooms on Sunday, which leads me to think that many visitors will be checking out and leaving Sunday. Maybe this would be a better night to watch fantasmic? :confused3

Can you believe it?! We've been to DL many times through the years and we've never seen this show! I'm so ashamed! :sad2:

Other things that we've never done before but we're doing on this trip (Oct 21-26) is:

Disney Animation
Turtle Talk with Crush
Casey Jr. Circus Train
Mark Twain Riverboat
Monster's Inc
Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
It's Tough to Be a Bug

So you see, for some of us who've been many times, there's still new experiences to be enjoyed. I can't wait! :cool1:

Anyhoo, what day would be better for us to see fantasmic?

disney-super-mom said:
Fantasmic is on our agenda, so we want to know which day would be better in regards to crowds.

Saturday will most likely have heavier crowds, but because of the Remember Dreams Come True fireworks and people lining up early to get a good viewing spot for the fireworks, maybe that will take away some of the crowds for the first showing of Fantasmic? :confused3

Sunday will be lighter crowds, especially since the locals won't be there that late (9:00 pm) because kids need to be at school Monday morning. Also, while checking room availability for that weekend, I noticed that many hotels are booked on Friday and Saturday, but most hotels (including the Disney hotels) have available rooms on Sunday, which leads me to think that many visitors will be checking out and leaving Sunday. Maybe this would be a better night to watch fantasmic? :confused3

Anyhoo, what day would be better for us to see fantasmic?

The fireworks are scheduled for Fridays and Saturdays at 9:25 PM. Fantasmic is at 9 on Fridays and Sundays and 9 and 10 PM on Saturday. Locals do not necessarily leave early on Sunday night - many of us stay because the travelers leave on Sundays. And . . . all persons going to DL do not have children. :) Since it is shown twice on Saturday - my guess (and it is only a guess) is that Saturday will be lighter crowds.

Hi,
I just got back...and we went to fantasmic on Sunday eve. Granted we did the dessert buffet...and had our spots. The park for a Sunday was pretty quiet. There weren't any fireworks that night...and the parked closed at 10pm. If your kids won't stay up for the second showing on Saturday(if there is 2?), then my recomendation would be for Sunday. I saw crowds thin out towards the evening and during this time of year, attendance is down. It was crowded down there....but not like it could have been!!

minnietoo said:
Fantasmic is at 9 on Fridays and Sundays and 9 and 10 PM on Saturday.
Actually, Fantasmic is scheduled for 9:00 and 10:30 pm for both Saturday and Sunday, October 21st and 22nd. :) I'm not sure why DL is open until 11:00 pm on Sunday. :confused3 Okay, I figured out why DL is open later than normal. Sunday the 22nd of October, DCA closes to the general public at 6:00 pm because this is a night for Mickey's Halloween Treat. Of course they would keep DL open later than usual. :thumbsup2

disney-super-mom said:
Can you believe it?! We've been to DL many times through the years and we've never seen this show! I'm so ashamed! :sad2:

Oh, good. I thought we were the only ones. DW and I have been to DLR many times together. For one reason or another, we have never seen Fastasmic. :blush: Maybe in November. ;)

Captjackson said:
Oh, good. I thought we were the only ones. DW and I have been to DLR many times together. For one reason or another, we have never seen Fastasmic. :blush: Maybe in November. ;)

Here's another one. I have been going to DL since I was a child and have yet to see this show! We are getting annual passes this year and I am determined to see Fantasmic before the year is up! :teeth:

Yep, I fogot to mention, that DH and I had never seen fantasmic either. That was what was extra special when doing the dessert buffet on the balcony!

never seen it either , but i will next trip !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am insisting on the desert buffet , not telling the hubby how much it costs! If need be it can be my aniversary present! I can't wait!

disney-super-mom said:
Actually, Fantasmic is scheduled for 9:00 and 10:30 pm for both Saturday and Sunday, October 21st and 22nd. :) I'm not sure why DL is open until 11:00 pm on Sunday. :confused3 Okay, I figured out why DL is open later than normal. Sunday the 22nd of October, DCA closes to the general public at 6:00 pm because this is a night for Mickey's Halloween Treat. Of course they would keep DL open later than usual. :thumbsup2

Oops - thanks for the correction on the 10 vs. 10:30 time - I guess I can't see :surfweb:

I am reading an entertainment guide for September and Fri and Sun has 9 pm and Sat 9 and 10 :30 PM. I see where the online calendar is different. Thanks again.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dis...span=2&parkDCA=true&parkDLP=true&parkDTD=true

Interesting: the online calendar has the Golden Horseshoe closed and lists the Billies on the entertainment. I thought they were "on leave" during the refurb.

I would try to see Fantasmic the on your first available opportunity (Saturday) because it may get cancelled if the weather turns ugly. How upset would you be if you chose not to see it Saturday and it was cancelled on Sunday due to "inclement weataher"? Just a thought.

I am going to the 10:30 show on the 21st. It is our first trip to disneyland and we are going to the dessert buffet with our kids. It cost me $175 and I had to wait on hold for 20 minutes! can you believe it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter