Should we request certain servers?

sstucush

Mouseketeer
We leave next weekend for our first ever cruise and I've enjoyed reading about the wonderful servers and room stewards. My family would get such a big kick out of really fun servers and I was wondering if we should get recommendations from this board or just take who we get. I'm also hoping for towel animals from our room steward but I know not to be too disappointed if we don't get them.

So, should we request our servers and who should we request? Thanks!

not sure, but i am thinking that it would be very difficult to request certain servers. I am also sure that you will get the towel animals! That is pretty standard for each night. enjoy!

You can request certain servers, but there are so few bad reports about any of them, I'd just take who you got. Requesting servers would involve moving tables - and since your table is assigned to you before you board, would kind of be a pain for DCL to do (although people do it).

Yes you can.
We requested a server on our cruise last week and were told he would try. We left it at that and when we went to eat we had the server we requested, and are SO glad we had her. It may involve some work for DCL but if it was a true problem they wouldn't bother, plus you're on paying a premium for Disney. If there is something that can improve your holiday ask. If it can't be done you'll be told.
I think poor or average servers are in the minority, but if you have an outstanding or special server you'd like then by all means ask. They can only say No.

Cheers,
Grumbo

Since I found out how easy it is to request a server, that's exactly what I do. I have had many servers, but find that the familiarity of having the same one works best for us!

If it were difficult, there would not be a time and place called "Dining Room Changes" where the Head Servers set up laptops and make these changes with the click of a key!

It's a service DCL provides and if you do have a favorite, you are encouraged to ask for him/her.

Rae

We had very average servers for dinner on our cruise last July. It makes a big difference in your dining experience. We had great servers for our lunch in Triton's, and that was, by far, our most memorable meal. Next time we're going to request servers recommended by DISers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter